[𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧]

Chapter 7: Accidental incantation

Sitting on a high chair with books, pens, and potions scattered everywhere on the round table, Mark just watched Donghyuck study. Let's just say he is so new to a guy studying instead of training, the difference between him and the younger that he cared more about fighting than sitting on a table with a book in your hand all day. 

Weird, Mark would simply get bored at doing this but for Donghyuck he finds it entertaining and knowledgeable especially when it contains lessons about spells he could use for fighting and for creating new things. 

"A pinch of butterfly essence..." Donghyuck mumbled, sprinkling the said ingredients in the small pot in front of him, he noticed that the older one had been looking at him for a long time now. Coughing, Donghyuck said, "why don't you practice your sword techniques while I'm studying" he got his mixing stick and started mixing the bubbling liquid.

"Do you see any training dummies here?" Mark sarcastically asked, rolling his eyes. 

Surprised by the sudden sarcasm, the younger heaved a big sigh and stood up, he then got a high chair from the other table and placed it in front of them, Donghyuck stepped back. 

Furrowing his brows, Mark was confused with what Donghyuck was doing, "a chair?" he asked.

"Please shut up" Donghyuck simply said, raising his arms in front, waving his hands as a mist of yellow alters the appearance of the chair into a training dummy. "There, practice," the tanned male said and went back to studying. 

Mark stood up and slowly walked to the altered chair, he gently poked and felt the soft hay-like texture on his finger, he was so amazed by it but then... "how?" he turned around, catching the attention of the younger who pushed his reading glasses back to the nose bridge, preventing it from falling. 

"it was a simple altering spell" he said only for the older to be confused more. 

"but how? a simple altering spell takes over a hundred tries to do" Mark fought, he was still processing how and why can the tanned male do that simply. 

"I don't know...it's easy for-" 

"--But you didn't even chant?" Mark interrupted, "you don't even chant your spells how-"

"And how do you  know about this? How do you know so much about the spell I did?" Yeah, how does Mark know about any of this? Did he want to become a spellcaster too? Was he studying magic too? how? 

"because I learned  magic from my gir- you know what, forget it, go back to studying" the older then pulled  out his sword and started training.

Donghyuck scoffed looking at the swordsman who just cut their small quarrel just like that, "jerk.." he mumbled. 

As time passed by and Mark was getting super exhausted from hitting the dummy over a thousand times, he decided to take a rest and eat the biscuits and coffee that the maids had prepared for them. 

He got a piece of biscuit and walked to the studying male with his sweaty body. Moving back a bit, Donghyuck glared at the older and hissed, "would you mind stepping back a bit, your odor is ruining my session" 

Mark furrowed his brows, "you were the one telling me to practice so I did what you told me to do" he fought back.

"nevermind" Donghyuck rolled his eyes and continued reading. 

Mark then sat down on a seat and took a look at the potions and books in front  of him, "why are you learning dark magic?" he asked, curious as to why that type of Magic. 

Dark magic or also known as Black Magic, is a type of sorcery that uses supernatural powers to conjure the power of evil and selfish purposes. 
Nation known to use Dark magic is Cethin, ruled by king Erubus and Queen Lilith. 

"I'm not studying it but I am studying how to fight against it." Donghyuck answered, "you see, I already know how to conjure dark magic but I think it is best not for me to do so because I do not want to cause another war" he explained, shivering at the imagination of another war with all of the nations. 

"But what for?" Mark asked. 

Heaving a big sigh, Donghyuck got one of the potions and examined it, "let's just say, I might need it for the future" he placed the potion down on the holder and was about to continue studying but he saw Mark holding his things, looking at it almost as if he is interested. 

"hey wha-" 

"okay, let's start with this potion" Donghyuck interrupted, knowing that the older one wanted to know his creations, he smiled widely at him. 

He is very happy sharing his creations to anyone because it brings this hint of joy everytime people would be interested or amazed by his things.  

After three potions, Donghyuck is now explaining the second to the last one which surprisingly...Mark is still listening to him, interested I should say. "-oh wait, I forgot that this has to be performed with acid, wait here" the tanned male said and stood up, skipping towards his storage room to get the acid. 

While waiting for the boy to come back, Mark got the last potion from the holder and took a closer look. It's pink, sparkly and powdery. 

'odd' he thought, this was the last potion and yet, it is not wet but dry. 

All of what Donghyuck showed him was liquid and yet this one is not. Not knowing what he was doing, he popped the cork open as pink glitters started to fizz, he brought it closer to his nose and sniffed the powder, not knowing the effects later. 

He smelled strawberries and it was a bit too much due to him letting out a short cough. He then placed it down the holder,  perfect timing that the tanned male had just come back. 

"Let's- oh! I guess you've skipped the blooming potion and moved on to the last one" Donghyuck giggled and placed the acid down on the table.

 "uhm...Donghyuck?" Mark blinked a few times, his sight was stable at first but then a shade of pink started to show, his mind was spinning nonstop and all he could hear was Donghyuck's voice echoing.  

"What's wrong with you?" Donghyuck tilted his head in confusion, seeing the male act all nauseous in front of him, "did you open this?" he asked, pulling the potion from the holder, he hoped not because it'd be dangerous.

"what? no" As soon as Mark looked at Donghyuck, his irises flashed a pink hue that faded quickly, his heart was beating loud and  his lips quivering for no reason. "i-" he was lost for words, "I just wanna ask...what potion is that...it looks- it looks fascinating" 

"oh this one?" Donghyuck gazed at the fizzing potion with a smile. 

"this is a love charm"