[𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞]

Chapter 43: Good Team

Sunoo drew a spell on Mark and the same magic flew inside his head. "I placed a mind resistance spell on you and also a telepathic spell that you can communicate to all of us" he looked at Sunghoon and did the same, "now we know who needs help or not"

They soon heard marching from all corners of the palace, and they knew it was the soldiers Sicheng had dispatched to defend them. They overheard the soldiers ordering each other to take up positions, secure the doors, and shut the queen's room. They glanced out the big window and saw the horror of the Faun's field, with explosions here and there, fire searing the grasses that had been livelier than ever before, men and women battling for their lives, smoke blocking the view, and blood spilled everywhere.

Sunoo was frightened at the sight, he reached for Sunghoon's hand and held it tight, Niki looked at them both and just shook his head in disappointment.

"Look!" Jay pointed to the gates of Faun that were already getting destroyed and swarmed by their enemies, in front of them was Koeun flying faster and finding what she came for. They could see Jaehyun and Taeyong hopping from one building to another just to chase down the girl. They also saw Yuta's presence and were startled by his appearance, they saw him using his bare hands to control the lightning and fry the enemies to death.

Sicheng wasn't that bad either, he was shooting off enemies one by one till he got ambushed by one corrupted swordsman who had his sword ready to plunge into Sicheng's heart. It was a good thing Niki and Jay saw it coming and decided to help, they opened the door that was heading to the open terrace.

"You guys stay here, we'll help them," Niki said and ran outside.

"No! Jaehyun hasn't taken orders yet" Sunoo tried to stop them but it was too late, the two were already running on the rooftops and were dashing towards the guy who was about to kill Sicheng.

"Hey, fucker!" Niki called, he pulled one arrow and aimed it directly at the man's head, "Jay, now!" he said as the said boy tumbled on top of the swordsman's head, taking his helmet off. Niki closed one eye and let go of the sharp arrow, perfectly shooting the man in the head.

'Guys! Niki and Jay are helping you all, just wanna let that out' Sunoo said to all of them.

'Okay, but Niki and Jay...'

'Yes sir?'

'Stay close to your tower, Koeun's already inside Faun'

''We know and we'll try our best if only these guys won't- haa-argh!!'

'No, Niki!'

'Jay, what happened to Niki?'

'He's slashed on his ribs, someone needs to heal him'

'Sunoo can't leave Mark alone'

'I'll be fine, Jaehyun'

'No, that was my order to him. He needs to be with you until we get rid of your ex-girlfriend'

'I'll be fine, I have Sunghoon with me'

'Fine, Sunoo once you have healed Niki. Go back to Mark, do you understand?'

'I will'

With that, Sunoo went outside of the tower and flew to Niki. He then landed just in front of him and started doing his thing. More enemies came swarming around them but Yuta came to help, Sicheng did the same and Jay loaded his weapons before helping too.

"You'll be fine, you'll be fine"
Sunoo whispered to Niki who was yelping and wincing when Sunoo's magic seeped through his thick cut on his thigh.

"Duck...now" Niki said as Sunoo immediately did, he fired an arrow at a winged creature that was about to attack Sunoo by the head.

"I'm almost there, it's almost finished-" Sunoo was too focused on healing Niki when he didn't see Yuta getting thrown to him by a tank soldier. The two stumbled but got back to their feet, Sunoo gritted his teeth and channeled his magic. "Fuck this" he said to himself and controlled Niki's body to safely go back to the tower.

'I'll get back to you later, Niki.'

'You'll get hurt'

'I'll be fine'

'Are you sure?'

'Hell yeah and plus...I have a living myth inside me, remember?'

The back of Sunoo's loose coat lifted and nine fox tails elegantly fanned behind him, the look of his enemy was frightened and that's the only thing he needed to get his confidence boosted up. "That's right, be scared" he whispered and levitated. "This will be the last time you'll see the light of day !!" Sunoo sprinted towards the tank and kept on firing bolts of elemental magic to him, he wrapped one of his tails on his enemy's neck and dragged him backward before slamming him to the ground.

After Sunoo had done his part, Yuta came with his katana and launched himself forward. The energy of his katana powers up till he plunges the chest of the man, electrifying him inside to death.

"We make a pretty good team" Yuta inhaled and exhaled, trying to catch his breath.

"Yeah, " Sunoo nodded, "yeah...we uhm, do...we do" he placed his hands on his waist.

"I like your tails, an elemental dancer that carries the soul of a nine-tailed being...you are pretty special-"

"Yeah, I know...can we talk about this later?" Sunoo interrupted as Yuta couldn't agree more.

Sunoo pounced on the roofs and went back to the tower, "is he okay?" he asked Mark who has Niki in his arms.

"He's in serious pain"

"I got this, don't worry" The younger answered and continued his aiding session with the wounded hunter.

Sunghoon looked out of the window, he squinted his eyes to get a better view of what the Helianthus' was bringing inside Faun. His eyes widened when he recognized that it was a bunch of cannons that were aimed directly at each tower. "Incoming!!!" He shouted and ran to block the big ball of death from the boys that were inside the room with him.

Their tower came tumbling down. Mark, Sunoo, Sunghoon, and Niki were free-falling down to the cemented ground and a bunch of debris and the roof itself came crashing with them.

Yuta, Jay, and Sicheng watched how the tower where their friends were, fell down easily. Their hearts started beating faster and they couldn't help but worry.

But not for long...

They saw a dome of golden magic surrounding the boys and they already knew who it was from.