[𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞]

Chapter 21 : down

As the hours passed by and the whole 'ascendant' and Yuta's background has been shared, Nala and Donghyuck got to work with the potion for Mark's love charm while Yuta, Sunoo, Mark and Aera worked on the funeral for Chang-min.

Donghyuck and the woman had a lot of trials and errors but in the end they created something good, something that'll help get rid of Mark's hex. They decided to leave it in the room they are in for a couple of days for the spell they placed in the potion to take in.

Yuta, Mark, Sunoo and Aera also finished with the preparations and other adjustments for the funeral, they helped the soldiers carry some important loot while Aera continuously commanded the rest to do the other things. In the end, the funeral was set and Aera couldn't be any more sad.

The Leones family stayed at the palace for now, just in case there was any trouble. Nala requested it anyway since she doesn't like traveling back and forth from her region to where they are right now. Mark was requested to stay in Donghyuck's room, he didn't have anything to say about it because he felt like there's no use to keep having a loud mouth anymore.

Donghyuck on the other hand though, he agreed to sleep with the older but he needed to keep his space from him, he didn't want to be attached to him that much or else something might happen. Both in lust and power.

It's currently midnight and the tanned male is still awake while Mark was sleeping soundly with his back facing the younger. Donghyuck couldn't stop thinking about himself and what he was. He didn't know he could be this dangerous?

He decided to sit up straight, heaving a sigh after he looked to his left to see Mark's left arm behind his nape as he breathed in a steady pace, Donghyuck then stood up and placed on his silk robe as he made his way silently out of his bedroom.

He tiptoes on the cold marble floor barefooted to see the shining moon that's showering down the arched window, Donghyuck engulfs the forest aroma from his front and closes his eyes to remain calm.

This has been one of the most hardest weeks he has ever had, from getting tasked to do things with his so-called future husband, to his closest friend coming back, to him almost strangling Mark to death and learning that he is an ascendant.

This is not what he was expecting to become. He just wanted to be a normal king, someone who just nodded and helped the civilians, he didn't want to be seen as more than a kind-hearted king, he didn't want to be labeled as a threat or danger. Maybe if he loses himself as an ascendant will things be normal?

"Didn't expect you to be awake in this hour" Sunoo said, his hands behind him as he walks slowly beside his older brother. "The moon is always shining isn't it?" he asks.

Donghyuck nods and lets out a breathy laugh, "it is...always" he answered.

"So what makes you stand here right now? You look a little lost in your thoughts" the boy asked.

"I've been thinking about things...specifically my status"

"Status?" Sunoo questioned, furrowing his eyebrows. "What do you mean by that?"

"You know, they're never going to accept someone like me, right?" Donghyuck said, crossing his arms as his eyes roamed around the view.

"Who is "they"? And what do you mean by that?"

"You've heard what I am" Donghyuck started, "An ascendant who wields an insane amount of power and is destined to destroy the world" he chuckled.

Sunoo furrowed his eyebrows, his face showed confusion, he didn't know why his brother was suddenly acting like this, "yes you are powerful, hyung but...I don't think you are what you say are at the last part"