[𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧]

Chapter 37: rescue plan

"—he said he wanted to check on the sunflower field near Helianthus, so I took him there...but when we got there, a swarm of guards mobbed us, and I saw their crests, which showed Helianthus and Leones' colors...they arrested us, but I fought back, and Jungwon did as well...I was about to be taken, but he- he sacrificed himself and sent me back to my horse by magic..." Jay explained, sitting through "I'm sorry aunt Flora, I'd do anything to bring him back."

"It's alright but we need to get him asap, I'll send Taeyong and the other assassins to clear the path going to Sunoo's prison, Jaehyun and the rest will go after the assassins are done with their tasks. Niki, I need you to stay on guard at the entrance of Helianthus, make sure to look out for any possible enemies but do not worry your other hunters will be there with you...do I make myself clear?" Queen flora ordered, stern. While she says those, she puts little figurines on the map of helianthus to indicate where her soldiers would go.

"What about Sicheng? We know he's still under control by Koeun-"

"I'll take care of him, he'll-"

"Kill him" Queen flora simply said.

"What? No! I won't let you kill Sicheng, I might know a way on how to remove-"

"This is dark magic we are talking about Yuta, I'm sorry but this is the only way...I won't hear a single word from you now" Flora cut him off and gave him a sorry look. The foreigner just frowned at her statement and took a step back.

"So when are we going to attack?" Asks Sunghoon who buckled his sword on his belt.

"If I want it now...then, tonight" She answered, "when the sun sets, ready your men, you all will go exactly as planned. Do we have an agreement?"

"Yes ma'am" they all said and nodded.

"Good, now the meeting will end here. Jay, stay."

WIth that, everyone except Jay and flora left the meeting. Jay went to sit right near the queen. "Why did you let me stay?" he asked.

"You're in charge on this mission alongside Jaehyun, I'm putting him with you because I know this is a chance for you to show them that you can one day take the mantle of your general Jaehyun, alright?"

"I don't think I'm ready auntie...I never thought you would give it to me at this age, what if I-"

"You're gonna do great. Just remember that you are doing this for the sake of Leones, Helianthus, and our nation." She patted his shoulder and smiled, "and also for your boyfriend" Jay hid his flushed cheeks and just smiled.

"Okay, I'll do my best," he said before standing up and hugging his aunt.

"Oh I just hope he's alright"