[𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫]

Chapter 44: Sunshine? Hyuckie? Donghyuck?

'He forgot about me, didn't he?'

Donghyuck clung to the railings, listening in from above to their meeting. He noticed everyone and smiled when he saw Sunoo acting normally, but he was conflicted when another man barged into the room. He was taken aback to see him there...was this the Mark, Sicheng was referring to? He cocked his head, attempting to observe his appearance.

"I can't remember you..." he whispered to himself while looking deeply into Mark's features.

"That's because you need to go back down there" Ten, the ascendant of the ocean, appeared behind Donghyuck with his arms in front of him in a mannerly way.

Ten had a great undercut, which was black with a turquoise shade at the tip of his bangs, which hid his eyes. His eyes are the same shade of blue as the lagoon, and his lips are full and rosy.

"You're not the first one to say that to me" Donghyuck chuckled and turned around, meeting his eyes on the water ascendant himself. "And you...won't be the last," he added.

"I know," Ten sassed, he looked down from the skies and saw Jungwon lying down on a bed made out of flowers. "If only I knew how to control my powers, I wouldn't have died because of Yuta"

Donghyuck rolled his eyes and shook his head lightly, "please...but hey, you can still try? I mean, you can come back down there and become the water ascendant"

"Same goes to you, hyuckie..." Ten answered back, receiving a shocked expression from the younger which made him confused, "did I say something wrong?" he asked.

"...Hyuckie...why do I know that? It sounds familiar" Donghyuck said and had a moment of silence to remember who said to him.

Ten shrugged and held his hand before making him look in the direction he was looking at. He pointed to Mark, "he probably calls you that, I mean don't get me wrong...you've been saying his name for like the seventh time of the week now and I think I just know who calls you that nickname...it's obviously the boy who you have forgotten"

Donghyuck then saw Mark leave the room as he followed his eyes to where he was going, Mark looked...sad...

"But in all honesty, Donghyuck...going back to the topic" Ten caught the younger's attention as the boy turned to him once more and wanted to hear what he was going to say.

"I can't come back down there" Ten simply said.

"Why not?"

"The power...it corrupts me and after what I did back in Mizu...I don't think the people will accept me" Ten tugged on the hems of his sleeves, "I don't understand my power but maybe in my next life...I will"

"Don't worry, I was like that before too, you know. I remembered my brother would try to stop me from losing control because I-...I..."

Ten lifted a brow, "because you?"

"Because if I won't...I'd destroy the palace...Sunoo wasn't...alone" Donghyuck whispered the last three words as he remembered a glimpse of that memory.

That man. That man was being blurred out, everything about him was getting erased. He remembers him jumping from a pillar and then he clung onto him in mid-air...wait, was Mark there?

'Donghyuck please, control it'

His voice. He can hear and remember his voice. Is the punishment leaving his body?