[𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞]

chapter 41: This is war

Okay hi!! I've been getting messages from some of my readers asking me how to pronounce Sunoo's name. It is pronounced as SUN-oo or like Sun-ooh...you know like when you eat something good or like someone spills some good tea and you just go, "ooo~", yeah like that. Like a long "ooo" sound. Or for those who know Korean, here is his name written or typed in hangul, 선우. I guess that's all! Have fun reading and hope you have a nice day, afternoon, or night. <3

"When Niki knocked me out the spell got erased out of my head, I don't know how or why but it saved me from it. Also, it was hard being trapped in your own thoughts. I forgot who Donghyuck was and all I could remember were these fake memories that Koeun planted inside my head" Mark explained, sitting down on a chair.

"Hmm...I should probably do that to the rest then" Niki said out loud and nodded.

"Oh please no" Sunghoon shrugged and sat next to Sunoo, grabbing his hand and intertwining them before putting it on his lap. Sunoo looked at him, not knowing why he was acting this way.

"Uhm Mark...I have bad news for you" Sicheng frowned, looking at Yuta who looked like he's giving him the signal to tell Mark already.

"bad news about what?"

"Donghyuck is in the celestial plane and half of his memories got erased as punishment, he forgot a lot of people and that-"

"He forgot about me, didn't he?" Mark asked in a whisper, everyone heard it and just looked elsewhere. They didn't want to see the outcome of Mark's emotions.

"Y-yes...I'm sorry" Sicheng answered and took a step back.

"This morning when I woke up... I thought that maybe, I would see him again and hug him because I miss him so much...but I wasn't expecting it to end up like this" Mark's eyes started to burn, he wiped his tears and looked away, he then stood up and pushed the doors open "I'm gonna go get some air" he said before leaving.

Gulping, Jaehyun, and Sicheng locked eyes as if they're telling something to each other. Flora went back to Jungwon and gazed at his sleeping face, "you poor child" she whispered, showing a sad expression. Jay always sat beside his bed, hoping that he would wake up soon. "Sunoo, how did this happen?" she asked the dancer.

"Koeun went inside our prison the morning before we were saved by these guys, she knew who Jungwon was and absorbed his magic, she said she had a plan to take all of the ascendant's powers and claim it as hers. For world domination, if I can remember it properly. I begged not to get Jungwon's and I think she listened but...it still caused some serious effects on him...I'm sorry" Sunoo explained and apologized, biting his lips.

"For a young girl like her, she could be dealing with dangerous magic. Power absorption is a strong spell to conjure, transferring one's power to the other...it's not easy to contain. It may lead to mind damage or worst...death"

"That would be better" Sunoo rolled his eyes and took off Sunghoon's hand before getting his cloak.

"Where are you going?" Sunghoon asked.

"Outside, I need to talk to Mark," he answered.

"I'll come with you," Sunghoon said and stood up from his seat.

"Please I got this" Sunoo gestured to a stop sign while chuckling, "you've done enough," he said and looked at everyone who was giving him weird faces.