[𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞]

Chapter 12: Are you ready?

It's the next day and everyone in the royal family except for Erebus and his daughter were nervous. The people knew what was going to happen because they were informed yesterday and were thrilled to hear that they are about to witness their new coming king fight.

Everyone was excited but not for the ones living in the palace.

Jaehyun was met by Sunoo and Donghyuck's mom and dad, he was told to stay for quite a bit before returning to Faun with Niki, Jaehyun was given a vacant room to stay inside the place and he found himself actually getting to relax after all what he has been doing.

Since Mark and Donghyuck were not on good terms right now and fires in the heads are still blazing, Mark slept in the other room while Donghyuck was within his. The tanned male woke up early to get a good warm up for later. He went down to his training basement and used the dull swords that are hidden there for almost an eternity now.

He tried not to use his magic while training because that will be marked as cheating once he steps foot in the showdown, all his turns and swift slices were graceful but then what he is scared of is his opponent, he doesn't know what he is up against and it is scaring him inside out.

After training he went back up and took a shower and ate breakfast with his family. Let's just say that the breakfast was only fit for the Leones kingdom, Niki and Jaehyun and theirs. So Erebus and Koeun had to go back to their place to freshen up since they weren't very much welcome to Helianthus.

"Are you ready?" Queen Aera asked, making all the heads turn to Donghyuck except for Mark who didn't care about him.

Donghyuck slowly nodded and reached to get a piece of bread, "I'm ready" he whispered making Mark scoff.

Everyone looked at Mark now who was looking at the younger with a sarcastic look, "no you're not stop lying...we all know that not even a second you'll-"

"I didn't ask for you to speak," Donghyuck interrupted, glaring at Mark. "And yes, I am ready for later" he lied, he wasn't really ready.

"Are you sure? Look, I can just talk to Erebus about this again and-" Chang-min was cut off when Sunoo slammed his hand on the table, causing Niki who was beside him to flinch. 

"Oh really? Now you're going to talk to him about that? After what I tried doing yesterday, you still think he'll agree to you out of nowhere? No shit if that happens.." Sunoo hissed, rolling his eyes as he continued to eat.

Clearing his throat, Jaehyun sat up straight, "It is very rude for me to interrupt but what time will the showdown start?" He asked.

"Afternoon" Donghyuck answered, looking ar his food. He never knew who Jaehyun was, he just saw him this morning with Sunoo and Niki. He is pretty interesting to him.

"Well we have much more time to train you then" Jaehyun gave a cheeky smile to Donghyuck who suddenly looked confused, "I'm willing to help you" he added.

Donghyuck tugged the left side of his lip upwards as he giggled softly, "thank you...it's a pleasure" he said and scratched his nape.

"You're very welcome" Jaehyun answered as everyone in the table laughed at how sweet Jaehyun was...but not for Mark who rolled his eyes at how Jaehyun tried acting all sweet to his future husband.

After breakfast, Jaehyun, Niki, Sunoo followed Donghyuck to their training basement. Sunoo and Niki took their own time with each other on some side of the area because they didn't want Jaehyun and Donghyuck to get disturbed.

Jaehyun was gentle when it came to training Donghyuck how to properly hold a sword and how to swing it, when their hands touch Donghyuck would smile a bit and flush his cheeks.

"Are you ready?" Jaehyun asked, his staff on his hands while he brushes his purple hair back.

"I'm ready" Donghyuck puffed out air and gripped tightly on the sword, "let's get it!"

Jaehyun charged to Donghyuck only for the younger to quickly dodge the upcoming attack, he then tapped Jaehyun's back with the flat part of the sword and performed an ankle sweep, knocking Jaehyun to the ground.

"Okay, you are getting good at this...but you have to remember that this isn't the end of the fight...the enemy could do this!" Jaehyun spun himself from the ground, kicking Donghyuck's ankles in the process, he then hovered on top of the younger and started tickling him. "You need to know your weak spots, young one" he said.

"Okay I think i'm really ready" Donghyuck giggled, locking eyes with Jaehyun.

Meanwhile at the dark corner, A hiding Mark Lee could be seen folding his arms as he threw a disgusting face on the two boys, the potion was making him feel things again and it was jealousy but this time he got over that feeling by just reminding him that he doesn't care about Donghyuck.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Locking the bands that connect his gauntlets, putting on his fit armor and strapping the sheath on his waist, Donghyuck wasn't ready at all. His legs were trembling and his palms were sweating, he was starting to think that maybe he should just let Mark marry Koeun but the other part of him didn't want to because who knows what'll happen in the future.

"Your strap is wrong, don't you know how to put it on?" Mark clicked his tongue, he has been staring at the younger since a while ago, wanting to talk things out. He went near him and adjusted the belt.

"I don't need you to help me-"

"Just shut up and let me help you" Mark interrupted, tightening the now fixed strap making Donghyuck yelp all of a sudden. "Too tight?" Mark asked, looking up at the tanned male.

Donghyuck nodded, "can you ease it down a bit?" He asked, hissing through the pain.

Mark let out a "hmm" and lessen the tightness, "just remember that a battle will never be fair, never let your guard down" Mark whispered and left the room, leaving the room with a dumbfounded Donghyuck.

Donghyuck turned back once more to get the sword that he is supposed to be using. 'A simple iron sword that can break in any type of way' he  thought, examining the lifeless heavy chunk of iron on his hand. 

Hearing a knock from the door, came Jaehyun with a small smile, "may I come in?" He asked, giggling a bit after.

Nodding, Donghyuck went to him and asked, "how do I look?" He pouted, he had to look up because Jaehyun was a bit taller than him.

"You look great for a battle" Jaehyun simply answered and pulled out a sword from his sheathe.

"J-jaehyun...that's your sword?" Donghyuck asked, his eyes a bit wide seeing the well designed sword that had red and green royalty embellishment as a design, the handle was covered in yellow rhinestones as it shimmered under the afternoon sunlight.

"Mhmm, and I want you to use it for your showdown" Jaehyun whispered, taking the iron sword from the tanned male and replacing it with his.

"Woah-" Donghyuck was surprised, he bowed and said, "i'll do my best in the battlefield" he jumped up and posed and then bowed, earning a giggle from Jaehyun.

"Hey I forgot to give you-" Mark came inside the room, only to find Jaehyun with Donghyuck, smiling at each other.

"Oh M-minhyung" Donghyuck said, not using Mark as his nickname, "why did you come back?" He asked.

"I wanted to give you my sword for you to use in the battle later" he said, lending the tanned male his sword only for Jaehyun to stop him.

"It's okay now your highness, Donghyuck already has one" he pointed at his own shining weapon, "I gave him mine"

Mark on the inside, had an intense fire rising. The potion was making him feel things and it's weird because to this extent it would do that? He felt like throwing Jaehyun's sword back to him and replacing it with his but he just cleared his throat and nodded, leaving after saying a quick "good luck"

Jaehyun turned around again and laughed with Donghyuck, he brushed the boy's bangs and said...

"Good luck out there, don't die"