[𝐓𝐞𝐧]

Chapter 10: Risk

"What do you think you're doing here?" King Chang-min furrowed his brows, irritated to see someone he does not like stand in front of him.

"Relax brother, I'm just here to talk to you about...important matters" he said, shifting his gaze to Donghyuck while saying the last two words, "I heard...that your son is getting married with Lionel's son?"

"Indeed, do you have a problem with that-"

"A big problem, Chang-min...you can't let a guy marry another guy, that is wrong!...I would like to offer someone to marry Minhyung instead" Chang-min's brother gestured his daughter, who had an innocent smile on her face.

"Absolutely not!" Lionel shouted coming in front, "I'm not letting Minhyung marry your daughter, not now nor ever...she doesn't deserve him"

Koeun's face dropped, inside she was boiling mad, she looks at Donghyuck using her peripheral view and wishes that she could turn him into a goat.

"Then my response to Minhyung and your sons wedding will be a no"

"We don't need your opinion or response about it, this is between me and Lionel's kingdom only"

Their brother chuckled bitterly and stood closer, the dark aura was overtaking the brightness of the palace, "did you forget about the rules? Each of the four kingdoms will have to agree on each other when a certain event occurs, did you ask Faun about this? Did they say yes?"  

Chang-min held his chin high and nodded, gulping, "we don't need permission from you, ever" he growled, "not after what you did to our parents"

"I wanted Helianthus! Yet father gave it to you! If it was only for you, Lionel, and Flora...I wouldn't have killed them!"

"You should have listened"

"Who fucking cares!"

"We all do!"

"Enough!" Aera shouted, the entire room fell into silence as the opening of the giant doors could be heard, footsteps then approached them and it was no other than Mark who shouted a "hey!" To Donghyuck.

Mark was about to nag at Donghyuck when he saw Koeun standing right beside the younger.

"Koeun?" He asked, his heart beating fast in worry.

"I want to challenge your son" all of their turned to Erubus with confused faces.

"Who?" Lionel asked, if it his son then it's no big deal...but no.

"Lee Donghyuck" Erubus continued, smirking at the now scared tanned male.

"What?! No can't do that, he's not fit for any challenge" Mark interrupted, now joining the talk 

"Fine, then it is settled...Koeun and Minhyung will be married." 

Mark's eyes widened, he wanted that idea but why all of a sudden? He loves Koeun and wants to marry her but...now is not the right time.

"I'm sorry but this is all too quick" Mark said, making Koeun shoot him a confused look.

Mark loves her, right? But why is he blocking it?

"And Donghyuck can't do this, I had a spar with him the other night and all he use is his magic but he is not great with sw-"

"I'll do it" Donghyuck looked down while saying it.

"What? Donghyuck no-"

"Do I want you to stop me from doing something dangerous?" Donghyuck glared at Mark and then softened up when he looked into Erubus' dark eyes.

"Hmm" the kind smirked, "I see...now, prepare a showdown to the death, I want to see how strong and capable your "son" is...i'll let him fight our greatest champion" 

"What?! Erubus enough! Let him fight someone-"

"No dad, i'm okay...I can do it" Donghyuck held his father's hands and flashed him a small smile.

'This is my time to prove myself that I am worthy to carry the kingdom's crown' he thought and roamed his eyes to everyone and bowed, "i'll be leaving for now, i'll be ready tomorrow" he said and left.

Mark wanted to rush towards him but was stopped by Lionel who told him to let the younger go for now, he needs his rest for tomorrow.

"What was that Mark?" Koeun shouted in a whisper, her voice breaking. "This was our chance to get married and start a family, why did you have to stop father from getting us together?"

"Because it's not the best time to do so...promise when the right time comes, I will marry you" Mark deeply looked into her eyes and entwined their hands together, he then hissed from the pain he experienced in his chest.

"Something wrong?" Koeun asked, worried.

Mark shook his head, "no nothing, it's just a random pain my chest did" he lied only for Koeun to nod.

"I love you" she said, and pecked Mark on the lips.

Mark kissed her back and smiled, "I love you too" even though he can feel the stinging in his chest worsen.

"Wait...Sir Mark is with...Princess Koeun?"

Princess Koeun?"