[𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫]

Chapter 34: Nature always wins

"Prince Jay, please calm down" a maid said, massaging the boy's shoulders to ease out the fear in Jay's eyes.

"Calm down?! Jungwon got captured by Helianthus and you expect me to calm down?! And the fact that he is an ascendant is only making things worse" Jay gripped on his hair in frustration, "this is all my fault, I should not have taken him to the fields near Helianthus..." he covered his face and sighed, "I'm going to talk to Queen Flora, she has to know about this" he stood up from his chair only to get stopped by the maid.

"Wait but won't that make the queen mad at you?"

"I don't care. She has to know about this" he answered, stern. He pulled out his hand from the maid and got his coat from the rack, placing it on before leaving the mansion.

"We need a plan! It's been a month and we haven't done any action against Koeun!"

Yuta placed his finger down on the table, letting out his frustration to the people around him. "We can't just let Helianthus be like that forever, Sunoo is in trouble, Mark is being forced to rule with a lunatic, Sicheng is under her spell and the parents of Mark might be at the end of their lives now!" he sighed and took off the hair accessory that was keeping his hair in a half bun.

"He's right but we can't wage war on Helianthus just like that, you know how powerful that woman is and how surprising her attacks are" Jaehyun said, his arms placed on the side of his waist as he thinks of a way.

"We can't fail this time, Jae," Taeyong said, crossing his arms and arching a brow at everyone. "It's only acceptable to say that Koeun is a knowledgeable spell-caster; her abilities are far greater than those of other sorcerers; you've all seen how she battled Aera as if she were a regular woman, right?The first thing we need to do is make a plan to rescue Sunoo, and then we'll deal with the entire kingdom crisis," he said as they all nodded.

"You boys are always making plans but failing to carry them out," a woman said, her gentle laughter ringing around the greenhouse dome. She descends from the air with the help of vines, each one piling downwards like steps. "Your main objective is freeing the second son of Aera and Chang-min, after all from what I heard she carries the powers of an ancient elemental dancer, am I right?"

Niki nodded happily, "yup! I saw it with my own two eyes actually-"

"WE saw it," Sunghoon corrected, not wanting Niki to get all the credit to himself.

"Right, it was somehow very strange though, the nine tailed dancer looked awful, it was flooding in blood magic and its appearance looked scary" Niki explained, shivering when he remembered it.

"The look of the nine-tailed dancer might alter depending on how the host is feeling. Sunoo was enraged and unhappy at the moment, so he called the old entity in its terrifying form," Taeyong said, "but it's weird, we never knew when Sunoo inherited the ancient individual's talents." he was taken away by this topic too much that he didn't see everyone's faces looking at him in suspiciousness, "and the way he revealed his nine tails was so cool because I heard that the tails don't-" he stopped when he saw eyes on him, specifically everyone that is inside the room...including the queen. He cleared his throat and stepped back a bit, scooching closer to Sunghoon and then hiding behind his back, "go on" he made a shooing motion to Jaehyun, telling him to start with his plan.

"An ascendant and an elemental dancer who possesses the power of a nine tailed dancer...that's not surprising at all" the queen whispered before letting out a breathy laugh, it looked like she caught the attention of everyone when she laughed, "before Jaehyun continues with his plans, I would like to be honest with all of you gentlemen"

Yuta and the others furrowed their brows, Jaehyun, Niki and Taeyong looked at each other and gulped, "honest about what?" Yuta asked.

"We have an ascendant in our nation too" she simply said.

"Uhm, okay? That's totally normal, they'll come out soon and reveal themselves" Yuta twirled the long hair accessory on his hair and made it into a half bun.

"No, it's...different, Yuta. not like different nations...the ascendant in our nation is somehow...open to everyone-"

"What?!"

"That's probably because the people are cool with it, I mean, don't take it too personally your highness but, Nature is the weakest power amongst all of earth. So there is no doubt the people won't mind having the bloom ascendant in your nation be free." Yuta stated, everyone in the room was in silence. Everyone except the ones from Faun were all having second thoughts on what the foreigner had said. Maybe Yuta is wrong, what if nature was the second strongest or even the most powerful magic there is?

The queen did nothing except hum and swept her arm to the side as buds blossomed into beautiful flowers. She gave Yuta a quick glance before walking to the aisle and picking up one flower. "Well, because I don't want to argue with you about your views on Nature, I'll just stay silent on this one and wait till you witness how a single petal can slaughter an entire army," she said innocently, sending chills down Yuta's arms and back."Jungwon is the name of the ascendant, a seventeen-year-old teenager who is still understanding his power. Jungwon, unlike Donghyuck, is a free spirit, an adventurous one nonetheless, who was unconcerned with his ascendant half."

"Where is he now?" Sunghoon asked, tilting his head slightly.

"With his boyfriend, I heard they were going on a stroll together, they'll come back when the sun sets" She answered while checking on the plants.

'Sir Jay, please. You cannot interrupt the meeting'

'Just let me in, this is important'

'Sir I cannot-'

The queen furrowed her brows in confusion as everyone in the room heard what was going on outside the building. What brought Jay to this place? He's supposed to be with Jungwon, right? "Let him in!" she yelled as the argument outside came to a halt.

'I told you so' she heard Jay say before seeing the blonde haired boy enter the Botanic dome.

She walked up to Jay, who was bowing nervously at her. She lets go of a vine, seeing it slither its way down to the dirt. "Stand up," she said, "why are you here?" What happened to Jungwon? " she questioned, her voice trembling with concern.

"Please auntie, I- I don't know how to say this-"

"Just say it, I won't get mad"

"I need your help..." Jay sighed deeply before staring directly into her emerald eyes.

"Jungwon was taken by Helianthus"

don't attack me in the next chapter pleaseee skjkjs

oh! And I'll update as soon as possible now because it's finally christmas break :DDD