[𝐟𝐢𝐧]

Chapter 50: Happily ever after

"Mark?" Sunghoon walked slowly towards the said boy, "is it really you?" he asked.

Mark's eyes wandered around the room as he furrowed his eyebrows in bewilderment, "yeah..." he panted, "I'm...back".

"Jaehyun..." Taeyong called with a small voice as the general of Faun locked eyes with him, he broke down into tears and quickly ran to his lover, "Oh Jaehyun..."

Jaehyun hugged back tightly, resting his head on the shoulder of the older. He closed his eyes and savored their moment together. "I'm alive" he was still surprised. "And I missed you" he let go of the hug and cupped Taeyong's face.

Taeyong's doe glossy eyes stared into Jaehyun's brown orbs. He then looked down to his lips and just smashed his lips onto it. Jaehyun was taken aback at first but he returned it quickly.

Niki and Sunghoon watched the two kiss and smile.

'They're back!'

'Jungwon!'

Both boys heard it from outside of the window as their eyes widened in surprise, Niki and Sunghoon ran out of the room and outside the castle.

When they arrived outside, both of them saw everyone bowing to the people at the front. Smokes of green covered the front but soon faded and showed the ascendants, Sunoo and Jay.

Everyone gasped seeing Jungwon's new appearance. Another ascendant has arrived, it is not just Donghyuck anymore.

"Sunoo!" Niki ran to the white-haired boy and hugged him. Sunoo was still trying to recover from the fight he had a while ago and he's not gonna lie, the way Niki is pressed onto him, wasn't helping at all.

"Glad to see you back" Johnny approached Ten, smiling genuinely at him. "And you all did it" he added when Donghyuck joined in their chat.

Donghyuck let out a laugh and nodded, "it was all thanks to Taeil and the others" he says as Taeil playfully rolled his eyes. "How are they? Are they breathing?" he asked Johnny.

"You should ask Taeyong or Sunghoon, they are the ones guarding Jaehyun and Mark," Johnny answered.

"We're so happy that you're back! We thought you couldn't do it" Sicheng approached them with Yuta behind him.

"How'd it go?" Yuta asked, quite curious on how they were able to battle the protector of the underworld.

"Jungwon, of course...he's done an admirable job fighting alongside Sunoo against the protector" Donghyuck made sure he said the faun's ascendant's name out loud so the boy could hear it. When Jungwon heard his name he turned around and walked to them, smiling confusingly because he didn't know why he was being mentioned.

"I see you've become the ascendant now" Flora walked to them, her posture was still prim and proper even though she was thrown everywhere in the room, it's quite fascinating how her back is still not yet cracked.

Jungwon giggled and bowed, "yup, it's actually pretty nice," he says, bouncing up a bit and clinging to Jay's shoulder.

"How is he?" Donghyuck asked about Mark, a little worried.

Flora thought of an answer at first because she wasn't guardian Mark in the first place but then when she heard the doors from behind, she sensed that it was Donghyuck's future husband. She then locked eyes with Donghyuck and gave him a teasing smile, "I guess you just have to find out by yourself" she says and tickled his waist.