Chapter 5: Hopeless

Silence filled the room where we were sitting. It's dark outside with only two candles in the middle of the dining table, hiding our presence so that no one outside will know we're home. My dad sits beside me at the head of the table with my mom in front and brother beside my mom.

No one knows what to say. There are no words, no hope, no solution for this major problem.

My dad has his hand covering his face looking down while my mom is openly sobbing looking straight at me. My brother has his face buried in the table with his shoulders shaking from the silent crying.

I stare silently down at the table feeling broken, sad but also angry. At the people coming into my life and causing all this pain and sorrow for my family. I have never even seen them but I already hate them deeply.

"I got a call..." My dad started, breaking the silence. We all looked up at him removing his hand from his face revealing a sight I thought I would never see.

He was crying, no, he was sobbing. Tears streamed down his face which filled my heart with more hate, anger but also hopelessness. My dad always knew what to do but now, he doesn't.

"It was a call from them, they said if we keep hiding her then they would hurt everyone that i knew and loved" He said with a broken voice.

My mom now started crying loudly as my brother was unable to keep himself together. I felt the color draining from my face and felt like someone was stabbing my chest.

'My life is over' 'I will be taken and i will never be able to see my family again' i thought as i was overwhelmed by fear.

"Knock, knock" We all looked at the front door seeing a shadow from the, not so clear window at the top of the door. We all froze, my dad started walking towards the door feeling he had no choice.

"Go upstairs and hide right now" he said, almost whispering with fear in his eyes. I ran as quietly as I could upstairs taking Sebastian with me.

My dad slowly opened the door and there was a man standing there.

He wore an expensive black suit with black shoes. He was bald and dark skinned. Very tall with muscular build. He looked like a highly trained bodyguard.

"May I come in?" He says with the deepest voice I've ever heard.

"y-yes go ahead" My dad says knowing he has no choice. He sits down at the chair that my dad was originally sitting on which made my dad sit in the seat I sat in, in front of my mom. I was hiding with my brother in his room but listened closely to the conversation.

"I think you both already know what i'm about to say" he started as he sat with his hands connected at the table.

"That girl needs to come back with me to her true family to be reunited with her brothers" He said with a stern voice. I couldn't see the faces of my parents as I was hiding but could just imagine how broken they would look.

My brother next to me hugged me while tear drops kept on falling on my shoulder.

"But that girl you speak of is my daughter, she has lived with us her whole life. You cannot take her away!" My dad says, raising his voice.

"I can and I will, the paperwork has already been taken care of and she's now in the care of her oldest brother. This is a fight you cannot win. If you put up a fight I will inform my boss which is not gonna end well.

"NO YOU CANNOT DO THI-" My dad screams but gets interrupted by footsteps running down the stairs. "I'll do it but please don't hurt my family!" I half yell at the man

Author's note:

I'll try publishing 5 chapters a day. Hope you enjoyed the story so far!