Chapter 33: Sorry

"C'mon let's go, just let him handle this" Noah says as he tries leading me away with his hand on my lower back.

But I can't move, this infront of me is my brother. He's hurting her, he's...dangerous.

"Please i'm sorry, just let me go" The girl, now on the floor, screams as her tears drop one after the other.

"If i ever see your face again i'm seriously gonna hurt you" He threatened coldly as he let her go, probably because of me watching. I saw her disappear into the distance as she runs away for her life.

Zach then turns to look at me but as he takes a step forward, I take one backwards stumbling to the floor in the process. I see hurt in his eyes as he's expression changes, he stares into my fearful eyes, not moving any closer.

"C'mon sis it's best you have something to eat before you pass out" Julian says while assisting me to stand.

"Y-yeah yo-you're r-right" I stutter in fear. Zach just turns to walk up the stairs towards his room in silence.

"Hey aren't you having some dinner with us?" Enzo asks.

"Not hungry" Zach responds like he doesn't even care.

As I eat my dinner I feel how the food gets harder to swallow after every bite I take. The feeling of guilt only increases as time goes on minut after minute.

'It's my fault Zach isn't eating' 'If only i had stopped to think for a moment on what i was doing, none of this would have happened' I scold myself. "What's wrong angel?" Noah asks, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I messed up and now Zach's angry at me" I say with a small voice with my head down.

"You didn't mess up, it was only an accident" Enzo assures.

"Still, i have to apologise for it" I admit with a sigh as i stand up.

"What, you're gonna do it now?" Julian asks as I nod in response, making my way out of the dining hall and up the stairs.

I stand outside Zach's room gathering up the courage to enter but not before I knock this time. I knocked lightly with a part of me hoping he didn't hear.

"Come in" He says as I notice he's anger hasn't gotten better. As I open the door I'm greeted by a grumpy Zach who's lying on his bed ignoring my presence.

"What do you want now?" He asks with a stern voice, breaking the silence.

"I just wanted to say that i'm...s-sorry" I apologise, looking down as he doesn't respond.

"I get it, i was being stupid and not thinking..please just... forgive me" i pleade feeling like i just want the guilt to go away.

''I'm sorry for entering your room without knocking, throwing assumptions at you and.. coming in between you and that girl, if i hadn't done that you wouldn't have had to hurt her ether" "So ju-"

"Stop, i get it!" He snaps. "Listen, i know it wasn't on purpose that's why i'm not mad at you" He explains as he sits up on the edge of the bed.

"Your not mad?" I ask, raising a brow.

"I didn't say that, i just said i wasn't mad at you" "That bitch pissed me off that's all" He says.

"Yeah but that was my fault!"

"No it wasn't, she should never have come down and talked to you like that, I knew she was annoying when I saw her in school, I was just gonna-"

"I don't wanna know" I protested as I slammed my hands against my ears making him chuckle.

"Just come here, let's forget about all this" He says, sighing.

"Sure" I say. He suddenly opened his arms and pulled me towards his chest. I gasp as it was not what i was expecting him to do but enjoyed his embrace. I smiled and hugged him back puting my arms over his broad shoulders.

"I'm sorry to" He whispered in my ear. "What are you sorry about?" I asked, still hugging him.

"I shouldn't have grabbed her like that in front of you, i saw the fear in your eyes but she just pissed me off so damn much" He explained breaking the hug.

"It's ok bro i forgive you" I say with a big smirk.

"Now c'mon let's go eat some dessert" I say as I take his big hand in mine trying to drag him out of the room. My feet slide at the floor as I do so making him laugh at me.

"Alright alright i'm coming" He says standing.