Chapter 17: Waking up for school

After dinner, I went up to my room and wanted to be alone as the first whole day with this family was complete.

I feel so exhausted right now that the melatonin I used to take back at my old house with my 'fake family' was no longer needed.

I lay in bed thinking about the next day. 'It will be the first day of school, I wonder if it will all go well?' I think to myself before I drift away in a deep slumber.

"Beep, beep, beep" My alarm rings at 06:45 AM. I open my eyes as I realize I'm finally going to go back to school today.

'God I hate waking up early' I tell myself as I slowly drag myself out of my warm comfortable bed. I sit in bed with half open eyes as I try to summon up the energy to stand.

Walking to the bathroom I decided that some cold water to the face would wake me up.

I stare at the coldwater now running in my cupped hands as I prepare myself for the cold shock I'm about to endure. As I splash my face I shiver at the coldness feeling my heart skip a beat.

I then proceed with my morning skin routine. I have very dry skin so I always make sure that my face is well moisturised.

As for makeup, I've never liked it and honestly my skin is pretty spotless and clean so I don't really feel the need for it anyways. As I make my way out of the bathroom I try thinking of the outfit I should wear.

'It is my first day so i should probably make some extra effort' I think as i enter the walking closet picking out some jeans and a black hoodie with white swirls on it.

Forget what I said about effort, I want to be comfortable! 'It's a simple outfit but it sure looks great' I say as I look at myself in the

mirror. I have always been a bit tomboyish as I grew up with Sebastian and his idiot friends. Don't worry, you'll know why I hate them later.

Dresses and skirts annoy me from childhood, i don't hate it as much as I did as a kid but it still isn't enjoyable.

As I make myself out of my room I head downstairs to make breakfast. I approach the kitchen area and I'm greeted by a lady seemingly in her mid 40's.

"Good morning miss.Alvarez'' She says as I frown at the new surname.

"Alvarez?" I ask as she looks surprised.

"Alvarez is your true surname miss, i'm surprised you didn't know that," She answers with a sweet smile.

"Oh and who might you be.. um.. miss?" I say back not knowing how to address her.

"I'm miss. Lopez at your service, I'm the house manager which includes managing the other staff members but also fulfilling my duties as a housekeeper" She explains as she notices my confused expression.

"Wait, other staff?" I question, as I wonder why I haven't seen these people before.

"Yes there are other maids in this house, as well as bodyguards, gardeners, a chauffeur, a chef, and a personal assistant that assist your oldest brothers with their business" She says as I carefully listen respectfully.

"Well then why haven't I seen you around the day I arrived here?" I asked curiously.

"Your brother's orders miss. He didn't want any of us to meet you before he and your other brothers had done so. I believe they just wanted you to feel a bit more comfortable in your home before all the staff members could return." She explains which I nod in understanding and kind of surprised they asked the staff to leave for me to feel more comfortable arriving.

Miss. Lopez seems a bit shorter than me, probably about 5'1 as I stand at 5'4. Curly red hair with a slightly round frame and a warm presence that reminds me of my mom.

I'm just gonna call her my mom even if she isn't, after 14 years of raising me there is no way i can call her anything else.

"Excuse me miss. Lopez but i have to make some breakfast before school starts" I say as i remember that it's a school day.

"Oh but why didn't you just say so?'' She asks before turning and calling someone else in the room.