Chapter 1: Anomaly

A black raven flew above an island wich was surrounded by the vast blue ocean. The raven perked its head as it flew lower to the forest and landed on a tree branch. The tree was simply an oak tree surrounded by of its kind while the land was covered in grasses and bushes. The bird was about to rest but the land trembled making the raven fly out of instinct. The island was...alive.

The island woke up when something was different today. It searched what was causing a sudden itch in his back and managed to pinpoint the location. It found the problem and it was a portal located at the sandy shore, he examined this and feeling like he has no clue as to what it was, he formed a human body from sand and slowly put his consciousness inside the body.

The body he formed was a well toned one, not too lean nor too muscular along with a near white but had a hint of brown as the color of his skin. It was wearing a dark brown kilt with a sandal and his hair was black as night with the height of the man reaching 7 foot 2. His hair was short on its sides but had a long braided mullet that travelled through his bare-skinned back reaching his thighs. The remaining hair stood straight making it spiky but soft to touch, he slowly opened his eyes that showed a gradient black and blue eyes that seems to be gloomy. For an island that lived for 20 million years, his face only showed a man in his 20's.

Slowly, he approached the portal and saw what was on the other side, it was trees he has no knowledge of. A forest perhaps seeing as every space was covered with different trees or bushes, he slowly reached his hand to the other side and touched a tree branch.

He felt it through his skin and chuckled lightly when his senses didn't seem to lie to him. Is this a dream or a chance? The man sked himself when he remembered his isolation for 9 million years. The man then absorbed some sand within the coast and put his right foot on the other side followed by the other as sand continued to be absorbed by his back.

The man smiled with his eyes closed and his face lowered. Maybe a chance, he thought to himself while the portal slowly shrunk behind him and the sands stopped. When the portal touched the sand connected to the other side an electric shock traveled to his body making him feel a physical attack. Not feeling it for a long time made the pain more excruciating since it focused on his brain. The man grunted as he held his head hoping to relieve it a little.

He saw runes, languages and dialects being played within his brain. It was a lot of information that suddenly drowned his mind so his brain went to overload and caused every nerve cells in his body to ache. The man can only kneel on the ground and let out an agonizing scream that changed to a horrifying screech when it traveled into the further distance. The animals in this world ran away and the birds flew. They were scared when it felt like a predator was hungry and was looking to devour any living thing it could find. 

The man calmed down but could feel his energy being drained due to the event that happened for the past 20 minutes. He laid down on the ground panthing while his sweat covered him up entirely. He was still conscious for a minute or two and just as he was about to pass out he saw a blurry figure of an old man.

5 hours went by and the man woke up from his rest, he looked around and saw a hut made with bamboos along with an empty table enough for five people. He noticed the white blanket that covered his body so he placed it to his sides and slowly he got up in a sitting position as he caressed his face.

It was not a dream, thankfully, he thought and got up from the bed. He saw a door leading outside as the sun was slowly setting through the window just on his right side, he sighed and walked to the door until he heard voices.

"Jijuu, come now. The night is near," A voice in his 13th of age could be heard.

"Coming, coming," an old voice replied with a chuckle.