Evening Calls

Verkin heard a click coming from Vayne's right arm, he thought if Vayne would shoot him right here right now then it would be better. He hugged Vayne a bit harder, trying to tell her to pull the trigger but nothing, they're just standing there hugging one another as if the world is ending. Vayne was not planning about doing anything, she just hugged him tighter and it might have made contact to some mechanism that caused the sound. She wants to stay like this, it was warm, safe and comfortable. She felt the same as she hugged her parents and her teacher before but somehow she has forgotten such a wonderful feeling, it may look like she's falling out of character but she didn't care. All she wanted right now was to embrace where the warmth was coming from not knowing that Verkin was waiting for an arrow. Seconds turned to minutes and none of them moved an inch, Verkin didn't let his guard down but decided to let this woman take her time, his practice can wait but this womans emotions will not. It's like a beaker that carried more than what it was supposed to and he knows it. But one thing is certain, he does not trust others easily.

On the same time Reikan was waiting for his answer and the wind blew his hair to the same direction. The wolf is turning its growls to snarls but the lamb has spoken.

"We do not know," the lamb replied calmly while her right arm stroke the back of the misty canine.

"What do you mean?" Reikan asked as he could feel like such an answer is too much for someone who brings death.

"Your time is a full lit circle, no beginning nor does it have any end. When we look for a hunt that light would dim, telling us if the person's time is up, it shows where it began and when it will end but yours didn't even begin," the lamb replied.

"Your screwing with me!" Reikan said in a scary rumbling tone that made the wolf and lamb shiver, for a symbol of death to feel fear would be a great feat to spread.

Reikan huffed out as his face showed a twisted angry grin and veins popping above his eyes, his pupil that was red turned darker as he looked down at the two. He tried to calm himself but his thoughts were fueling his rage even more.

"Is 20 million years not enough?!" Reikan asked as he looked at the sky, he formed his grinning teeth to a grit, trying to take control of his body. Kindred was surprised, how can such creature exist for a long amount of time? None of them knew. What even is he? They don't know.

Reikan did not expect any answer from them so he turned around, his right arm covered his eyes and forehead while his left arm rested on his hip. He feels so hot as if he's being cooked, Reikan could only uppercut the air that created a wind. His surroundings was also affected by this and dust, pebbles and the grasses 5 feet around him was blown away from Reikan. This tantrum of his managed to calm him down and went to the bench, he decided to take a nap to completely remove his temper so he made a pillow through sand and laid there while his back faced Zyra.

For Veirn everything was going smoothly, the leaves he had no knowledge of was taught by Baker and now it was beginning to be cooked. They did a taste test and it wasn't to Veirn's liking while the other nodded when they tasted the soup. No, it's not enough, Veirn thought so he immediately peeled and cut some ginger.

"Baker, let me borrow a pot. I promise the results will be great," Veirn said with confidence as he minced the ginger. Baker and Butcher wasn't sure, why would a newbie who does not even know the recipe makes something better? While these two were lost in thought BB responded.

"Seems confident newbie, if it doesn't, how about you work for us without paying ya. If you win we'll give you a favor," BB said and Veirn nodded.

"Are you sure BB?" Baker asked and BB nodded.

"Why not? He's quite handy," BB responded. The two nodded and they watched Veirn who was chopping up a celery.