A Night For Veirn

Vi noticed that Veirn wasn't eating so she grabbed a meat through her fork and raised it to Veirn's mouth while Caitlyn watched with a smirk. Veirn shook his head vigorously while backing away but Vi also moved forward. When Veirn reached the edge of his seat, he began to sweat while the meat was getting nearer to him but it stopped and saw Vi in front of him.

"Ah," Vi said encouraging Veirn to do the same, Veirn felt like she was too close and his heart began to beat faster than usual. He opened his mouth and felt Vi placing the meat inside, when the fork came out he began to chew while Vi backed away. Caitlyn did an evil grin and stood up. She noticed that the food should be enough for Veirn and Vi should have her fun.

"My questions can wait. Besides it seems like I'm interrupting your time," Caitlyn said and grinned sheepishly as she walked away.

Veirn was glad that a person left but he was confused about what Caitlyn said, he looked at Vi who seems to be avoiding his gaze. Vi looked away because she was blushing hard, she was remembered every detail of his face when she was giving the food to Veirn. For Veirn, he was unaware and thought he was the reason why Caitlyn left this made his hands began to tremble out of habit and Vi noticed. She was able to control her blushes and looked at Veirn with a smile.

"Don't mind her that much. She's just busy in Piltover," Vi said and tried to calm Veirn down but his trembles still remained. Veirn placed it back on his lap to avoid Vi from looking but it is still noticeable.

Vi tried to feed Veirn again but she saw him shook calmly this time and grabbed another fork, he took a portion by stacking it in the fork and sands slowly covered the whole thing. Vi watched as it slowly uncover and saw the meat gone, he put the fork down on the table and placed his hands back to his lap. Vi chuckled, trying to relieve him from this awkward silence while she took the remaining meat.

"I do have to thank you for cleaning up my room," Vi said as she chewed.

"I-its fine," Veirn replied. Vi noticed how Veirn seems to be lost in his thought while his yellow eyes looked directly at his arms.

"Anything wrong?" Vi asked that made Veirn flinch.

"U-uhm. I-I should s-say sorry f-for my actions," Veirn said. Vi chuckled, He's like a child, Vi thought and swallowed.

"There's nothing for you to say sorry for," Vi said as she leaned her chin on her right palm while her right elbow leaned on the table.

"B-but l-look at me, I-I can't e-even talk properly," Veirn said with a sad tone.

"It happens, besides you just need to get used to me right," Vi replied.

"S-still," Veirn said but paused.

"Well, you don't seem that sleepy yet. How about we get to know each other?" Vi said when she finished her meal. Veirn was reluctant but nodded nervously, he thought this could be his way of showing his apologies.

Vi asked things that Veirn loves to do, hobbies, foods, etc. Veirn simply answered without going into much details, he loves to take care of childrens, cooking, the joyous times with his brothers, etc. For his food he only said that he relies more on meat, rather than fish or vegetables. He stuttered the entire time but Vi was patient and listened carefully, she can see Veirn was getting a little comfortable when he made eye contact from time to time. She also shared how she enjoyed fighting and her work but chose the right words to fit the mood, Vi could feel that he listened carefully as he reacted with chuckles from time to time especially when she told him about a funny case she solved.

"I finally caught the guy. It wasn't easy being in the sewers but I managed," Vi said and she heard Veirn's soft chuckles.

"I-it sure did took a lot of your time," Veirn said making Vi chuckle, this was his second sentence that had a single stutter so far.