Chap 7: The Institute

Morning arrived when Sensho woke up, he noticed how the sun hits his eyes at exactly 6 in the morning since the window facing the door did not have any curtains. Sensho rose and went to the kitchen where he saw the ingredients in there, seasonings, some vegetables and some milk. He shrugged and started to cook as he saw a pan lying in the dish racks right beside the sink. Let's add a little something today, Sensho thought and began to pull out some meat.

Akali woke up when she heard the sound of dishes so she looked around first and noticed she was in her bed. She stood up and stretched her slim body as she yawned. Akali looked at the mirror located right above her cabinet and saw her face with her hair blocking it. She sighed and started to comb herself and tied her hair to her liking.

Akali walked out of the bedroom and saw Sensho with his hair braided again while as he set the table for breakfast and remembered the events yesterday. Sensho looked at her with a smile and chuckled.

"Seems you've slept better today," Sensho said as he wiped his hands with a towel.

Akali nodded and was glad her nightmare didn't come for her but she also stiffened her arms after remembering what happened. Sensho offered her a seat wich she took and saw the meal. Fried meat with vegetables, Sensho gave her a fork and a spoon so she smiled as she took it and began to dig in.

Sensho smiled and tried to go to the living room but was stopped as Akali grabbed his left forearm.

"You need to eat," Akali said in a stern voice, Sensho just sighed as he returned and made a seat for himself.

A tentacle came out from his back and gave him a plate with a spoon. Akali smiled at this and they both began to eat. Sensho placed some and tried to absorb his food the usual way but he stopped when Akali glared at him with a pout. Sensho looked at her and used the spoon to slice the meat and put it in his mouth. Akali just chuckled to herself and the pair ate their food.

After the two finished their meal they went to the cafeteria with Akali as Sensho's guide. They saw a lot of people eating and Sensho noticed an empty table for four and thought this may be enough. The the two sat down and Akali had an idea.

"Hey, want to try some of Ionian cuisine?" Akali asked feeling like there's room in their stomach for another.

Sensho thought why not so he nodded with a smile. Akali left to order and Sensho noticed that there was a man wearing a blue tunic and dark pants, he also has a mask and his eyes were replaced with a white light. The man was with a Yordle who was covered in purple and his face was covered revealing only his light blue eyes that looked up to Sensho.

"How may I help you?" Sensho asked trying to not be rude and saw the man shaking his head.

"Allow me to introduce ourselves, I am Shen the Eye of Twilight and this is Kennen the Heart of Tempest," Shen said as he gestured his hand to Kennen.

"Hello," Kennen replied and waved his right arm and Sensho nodded as he shifted his gaze to Shen.

"We heard a new champion that will be joining the Institute, will that be you I presume?" Shen asked while Kennen crossed his arms to his chest.

"Ah yes, my name is Sensho, the Sands of Time," Sensho replied and can't help but be embarrased about his title.

"Is this seat taken? I would like know more about you," Shen said.

"Ah I'm with Akali, she went to order so please help yourself," Sensho replied and Kennen was shocked.

"Wait! You're with Akali?" Kennen asked as he sat on the left side in front of Sensho.