Chap 9: The First Match

After their fine dinner, Sensho looked at Akali. The pair relaxed for the food to digest but Sensho's posture shows that he is thinking about something. Akali noticed and cannot help herself but ask.

"Anything wrong?" Akali asked as her left eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, I need a bed," Sensho replied with his eyes closed and his arms crossed to his chest.

"Oh, why not sleep with me?" Akali asked with a sheepish grin.

"Please stop, I just need space. The living room should suffice," Sensho replied.

Akali pouted as her arms were crossed to her chest.

"Am I not pretty enough?" Akali asked.

"I did not even think about such thing nor have I told you. Besides I'm too old for something like that," Sensho replied as he loosened his arms and laid it to the table.

"Yeah, your younger than me I bet," Akali said making Sensho chuckle.

This fool, were older than your ancestors, a raspy voice said in Sensho's mind. Sensho chuckled again and rose from his seat and walked to the bedroom.

Sensho locked the door before he began showering. When he was finished he walked to the livingroom to see Akali was watching something on the television. Sensho was curious and joined her.

"What is this?" Sensho asked making Akali shift her gaze.

"A TV, well something where we can watch for entertainment like that," Akali replied as she pointed at the screen.

Sensho saw what was playing and it seems like it was their so called match. He saw Shen and Kennen destroying two structure that was defending a giant building with red gems that glowed brightly, he watched as they destroyed it making it shatter and the word VICTORY was written in the screen.

"So what was that?" Sensho asked as he looked at Akali.

Akali was focused on the match that when she glanced at Sensho, she got spooked as if she saw a ghost. Sensho could only chuckle and Akali stammered as she replied.

"T-that w-was what we call the Nexus," Akali replied. She couldn't help herself from stuttering when she saw how his face seems like one of her nightmares.

"So destroying that will make them win?" Sensho asked.Akali nodded at his statement and she stretched her slim body as she yawned, trying to distract her mind from what she saw.

"Yep, but it ain't easy since there are a couple of turrets defending it," Akali replied.

"Got it, you should go to sleep," Sensho said.

"You sure you don't want to sleep with me?" Akali asked as she walked to the bedroom door.

"Yes I am certain," Sensho replied with his deep and monotone voice.

Akali sighed as she went to her room while Sensho started forming a bed with sands, he laid down and began to sleep.

The sun began to rise and Sensho was already cooking. Akali also woke up and went to shower, after showering she changed and saw a small screen wich was blocked by her pillow. She noticed that they had a match today in the morning so she went to the kitchen and saw Sensho seating with breakfast ready along with some coffee Sensho found when he was reading the seasonings. Akali took a seat and started to eat while Sensho was drinking his coffee quickly ignoring the heat. Akali noticed this while she was chewing her food and started to worry.

"Hey hey hey. Is it not hot for your tongue?" Akali asked nervously while Sensho put the empty cup down. Sensho shook his head and smacked his lips like he was disappointed about it. Akali sighed and started to eat, Sensho also did the same.