Chap 3: Lady Of Dreams

Sensho felt Akali lay in the bed he made and sure enough the lady was fast asleep. He stared at the dying fire for a moment until it released a smoke in its passing, Perhaps this is my chance to live like a human, Sensho thought as he looked at his right arm. The night could barely give light as the moon was covered by clouds but Sensho could see everything clearly. He saw every line in his fingers as he kept observing them.

Never again, a voice appeared on his mind similar to his voice but somehow much more deeper and serene. Sensho nodded, "Never again," he whispered enough for the wind to hear as he kept observing his arms.

His wandering mind was disturbed when he felt a threatening air near him, he looked outside and saw nothing out of the ordinary and his senses couldn't pinpoint any living creatures that is moving. The trees however swayed without wind implying something moved, this made Sensho create four tentacles from his shoulder blades and walked out of the cave.

He stood near a tree and started to pour some magic in his eyes, Unseen without movement. What are you? Sensho asked himself before he could finally see a dark shadowy figure that was floating in the air, the shadow had blades strapped in its arms as it also noticed Sensho's gaze. It looked back at Sensho that reveal a white eye without any pupils, it was steaming a white glow to the side of its face as it was looking around.

Its upperbody is like a human without any face yet somehow the shape of his nose was present. It wore some armors while its lower was nothing but a trail of shadow as it moved. Sensho wrote this in his mind since it was something new to him but the air it gives off tells him it's hostile.

Sensho then began to lengthen the tentacles behind him to prepare for battle. The shadowy figure faced Sensho when it felt a sudden mana in the air, it understood that Sensho is an enemy and immediately dashed at Sensho with its right arm, Sensho dodged the blade by leaning to his right and used the upper right tentacle to slam the creature down. He managed to land the hit making the figure lay on the ground for a moment, Sensho grabbed it by the shoulder armor and raised it only to to slam it to the ground again while black goo touched Sensho's arms. Sensho felt a strange mana through the substance and realized it was magic from terror of a living so Sensho frowned in disgust. Sensho looked back at it only to see it was staring at him without any hint of emotion at all so Sensho punched it with force to wake it up.

Unbeknownst to Sensho, the figure was trying to find any possible terror to use it against him but was only transported in a dark place with 4 figures looking at him with the intent to kill. The figure was then brought to reality as it felt force from its face shocking the figure. The creature knows himself as a demon and no physical contact is to prove worthy of touching it but this man had done it.

What are you? The figure asked through the use of telepathy to Sensho but was much more curious of the people inside his head.

Sensho heard this and only punched it again. He then slammed the figure down the ground as hard as he could making the trees shudder as the ground caved from the impact. Sensho stood and saw the figure not moving so his tentacles rose and stabbed it. To Sensho's surprise the figure was nowhere to be found, How? Sensho wondered while looking everywhere and sure enough, it was running deeper in the forest so he chased it.

Sensho was running for what felt like ten minutes but even with his effort he cannot catch the figure as it could pass any obstacle in its path. He sighed knowing that this will be a useless chase and he stopped in his tracks, he turned to where he came from and started to walk. While Sensho was walking  the magic in his eyes didn't disappear and saw a line on the ground glowing due to mana hidden from an ordinary person's eyes. He looked at the trail and saw it was coming from the cave.