Prologue

She walked through the darkened hallways, subconsciously knowing what she would find. As she neared the open door as she pushed it open softly. A moment later she ran, tears silently coursing down her face.

Ginevra Weasley, better known as Ginny to her family and friends, sat straight up in bed, shaking. She knew what that dream meant, that one fateful day when everything fell apart. Looking out of her bedroom window at the rain pouring down, she remembered...

Memories that had been revisited so many times they were like a love letter sent through the washing machine, all pulpy and tattered.

He twirled her around yet again, kissing her nose gently as he pulled her toward him once more. Bathed in the lamplight, its incandescence reflected in the wet pavement, the two lovers danced, and their shadows intertwining together.

"Will you always love me?"

"Forever"

Ginny lay back down for another restless night, ignoring the tears that threatened to spill over.

_._._._._._._

Draco Malfoy sat in the parlor, musing as he stared into the fireplace, watching the flames dance this way and that. What to do, he thought. What to do?

The news shocked him. His mother couldn't be dying, could she?

Narcissa Malfoy said over dinner, "Draco dear, I must speak to you after dinner. It is extremely important."

Draco, looking up in surprise, replied "Of course, mother."

After dinner, they headed to the parlor. Draco kept wondering what on earth could possibly be the matter. Ever since the war was over almost a year ago and Lucius was shut away in Azkaban for life, getting his just desserts, Narcissa had been – what was the word – more human. She smiled and laughed more, rather than facing everything with that icy demeanour that Draco had known during his school years.

They reached the parlor and Narcissa seated herself comfortably in a large armchair while Draco perched himself awkwardly on the edge of an elaborate loveseat.

"Draco darling, I went to see my Healer today." Draco's eyes flashed in puzzlement and he shifted restlessly while his mother continued. "I have a heart condition. I may not live to see my next birthday." She bowed her head, looking at her clasped hands in her lap.

Draco couldn't believe it. How could she sit there so calmly when she was going to die? He opened his mouth and closed it several times, not knowing what to say. "I-I – mother? Are you sure?" He stood up. "We'll see the Healers. We'll get you the best treatment. You'll be well in no time. We have –"

Narcissa raised her head. "No." She cleared her throat. "There's nothing you can do." She moved to sit beside him, gently grasping his chin to turn his face toward her. Her heart broke at the sadness in Draco's eyes. She didn't want to be doing this to him, but it seemed like the only way. She continued, "Except for one thing –" She drifted off.

"What is it mother?"

"No, it's too much to ask of you."

"Mother, I would do anything for you."

"But ... "Narcissa faltered."Alright, I just want grandchildren." Draco nearly fell off the loveseat. Not noticing his antics, Narcissa spoke on, her eyes dreamy. "And you married, of course. But I would like grandchildren. Or at least one. A little girl, perhaps." She patted Draco on the shoulder and left. "I'll be going to bed now. You can let yourself out, can't you?" Draco nodded.

Draco sighed and buried his face in his hands. This was mad. Absolutely bloody mad. Wizarding marriage was for eternity. It was a magical binding, and not something that could be cut off like muggles often did. As he turned to leave he caught sight of the Daily Prophet on the coffee table. It was turned to advertisements. No doubt his mother was looking for clothing shops or the like.

He skimmed it, smiling sadly at the purple circles around several shops she would bound to be shopping at in the next week. As he was reading an ad for Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes (Exploding Bombs, Skiving Snackboxes, and Firecrackers!) he glanced down and saw:

Tired of being a dateless loser?

Looking for that one special person?

Come to Soul Mates, THE matchmaking service!

3574 Diagon Alley, London.

Draco took the paper with him.

_._._._._._._

Narcissa peeked over the top of the banister at her son's retreating back. Of course she hated lying to Draco like that. But it was such a perfect setup! No wonder she had been in Slytherin. She had told her Healer at St. Mungos everything, naturally. Draco was bound to go to check with the Healers with her 'condition'.

As she got into bed, she imagined Draco and his soon-to-be happy family. She didn't bother thinking of how Draco would react to his feigned illness. He just needed to settle down with that right person. Narcissa Malfoy dreamed peacefully of blonde haired children that night.

Hey!

I hope u like it

Pls vote and comment

Much Love

Firefly15💗💗