The Wedding

Narcissa hummed as she flipped through the dress robes in Madam Malkin's. She had no clue what had possessed Draco to allow her to actually get out of the house. Not that she minded, of course. It was a beautiful Sunday morning. It was just a shame that it had nearly been seven or eight months since she had faked her illness and Draco still hadn't gotten married.

I won't have to wait much longer, she told herself, remembering the way Draco had looked at Ginny when they had dinner together. Lucius had never looked at her like that. It was love. No one could possibly deny that.

She giggled like a young girl as she called for Madam Malkin to show her where the wedding gowns were.

_._._._._._._._

Draco had his feet on top of the coffee table, while Blaise lounged in an equally lazy fashion next to him, reading the newspaper. Draco sipped a cup of coffee and surveyed his flat. It was still furnished in a very bachelor-like fashion. It was clean and neat, but there wasn't any connection to the flat, like Ginny's. There were no little touches here and there, a painting or two; no decorative items placed on the mantle, except for the orb Ginny had given him last Christmas. The flat was purely practical and functional.

"How's Puddlemere United doing?" Draco asked.

"Wood's still going strong. Made over twenty saves last weekend against the Cannons."

Draco scoffed. "Anyone can beat the Cannons. You and I alone can beat the Cannons."

Blaise chuckled as he said, "Not if we're on your Silver Arrows."

"Shut up, Blaise," Draco grumbled. "It wasn't my fault that the Silver Arrows went berserk on me. Some of my workers had to stay in the hospital for a week after that incident. It's not like I needed it anyway. The Firebolt line is good enough for now."

"You're the businessman, Draco."

"Give me the paper," Draco said.

Blaise passed the rest of the Daily Prophet to Draco, who pulled out the business section and began reading. A few minutes passed by before Blaise put down the sports section he had been reading and spoke.

"How's Narcissa? I haven't seen her in a while."

"She's doing well. Better than ever, since she found out about Ginny."

"I would imagine so. She really wants those grandchildren."

Draco sighed. The sense of betrayal was fading away, but it was still there. It was a constant reminder of how he had been lied to. It wasn't that he was naïve enough to think that he'd never been lied to; it was just that she was his mother.

"I let her go to Diagon Alley today."

Blaise eyebrows rose. "Why?"

"She's bored. I can tell. I visited her and besides the fact that she was blatantly hinting me about when Ginny and I would be married ninety nine percent of the time, she's definitely bored."

"You haven't told her that you know, have you?" Blaise's voice carried a note of panic Draco didn't miss.

"No, I haven't," Draco sighed again and continued, "but I have to. Soon. I'm getting tired of pretending that I don't know. Plus, even if I tell her, there shouldn't be any reason she should be upset –"

"Draco, she has every right to be upset. No mad or angry in the way that you were, but in that she would feel guilty for making you feel that way. Or she would feel that it was all for naught. Don't let your pride get in the way of joy."

Draco wasn't really listening. "She's the one that lied to me. She's been lying to me for over half a year. That's a long time to hold a secret. Personally, I don't think she feels any remorse at all."