Midnight Rendezvous

"So, you finally found a girl?"

"No. I finally found a girl who may be the girl." Draco retorted.

Blaise rolled his eyes. "So you found one, anyway." What happened to the Weasley girl?

"So I'm not meeting Ginny so often anymore. Instead I'll be going on dates with this girl, um, Charlene?"

"Charlene? I bet she's a Pureblood." Pureblood children were known to have extraordinary unusual names. Well, except for Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle. Their parents weren't so bright.

Draco nodded. "From France. Looks to be in our kind of society circle. Likes to go to any event, from afternoon tea to charity balls."

"When's your first date?"

"This Saturday."

"Where are you going?"

"Some restaurant that she picked. I hope she has good taste. Otherwise it's to the trash can for her." Draco said, referring to the way he threw most of the girls' profiles in the trash.

"That's a bit harsh."

"Fine. I'll set the standard lower. As long as she doesn't pick something entirely gross for my taste buds, she'll pass for now."

"Are you going to tell your mother?"

"I'm not exactly sure. I don't want to get her hopes up. Maybe I'll introduce her to mother when we get more serious. That would be more prudent." Draco paused. "By the way, what is this? Twenty questions?'

_._._._._._

Ginny was back at work again. She was thinking of Draco again. I hope I found him an okay woman, she thought . Then she felt a twinge of regret that she couldn't quite explain. They had decided for Draco to go on a few dates with Charlene, and then they would meet again. Ginny would continue to look through the profiles in case Charlene and him didn't work out. Initially, Draco wanted to help her, feeling that it was unfair for only her to be reading through those profiles, but Ginny had said that it wasn't right for him to be looking for other girls while he was dating one.

She had been thinking a lot about Seamus too.

There were times when she would look over their pictures and wonder. Wonder about why he left her. Wonder why he couldn't just tell her it wasn't working out for him. Wonder through all the hundreds of possibilities and manage to end up where she began – was it my fault?

"There is nothing wrong with you. Don't ever say that again." Draco's voice echoed in her head.

But there could have been.

Yet that had come from a boy, no, a man, who had been her sworn enemy before she had even stepped inside Hogwarts. Should she – could she – believe him?

Harry, Ron, and Hermione had been upset that she had ignored their warnings to not go drinking.

"Are you alright? Safe?"

"You might have been hurt!"

"Honestly Ginny, is he really worth it?"

"Please don't do it again."

As they left, she could hear Ron say, "Poor Ginny" while Harry looked over his shoulder at her with a pitying look in his eyes and Hermione nodded in agreement.

That was nothing like the empathy Draco had given her. The look in his eyes told her he had understood. The way he held her like he never wanted to let her go. The way he called her Ginevra, instead of Ginny.