You're a Boy

Ginny struggled to open her eyes, and once she did, she threw up an arm to shield the light pouring in from the window, ignoring the annoying beeping of her alarm. She groaned and pulled the covers up, trying to sleep just a little more before she had to go to work. The alarm ran again and she had a sudden urge to throw it against the wall.

She lurched and sat up in bed, one hand reaching for the clock to turn it off, but it wasn't where she normally left it. Ginny looked across the room, and there it was, out of place on her vanity table. She sighed, remembering Hermione's suggestion to Ginny's problem of sleeping in – to put her alarm clock where she couldn't simply turn it off, roll over, and continue sleeping.

It wasn't as if she would be fired for being late, but it seemed unfair that most of her employees would arrive much earlier than she ever did. It didn't hurt to set a good example, and that meant that she could get off work later.

Ginny meandered toward the bathroom. She mildly thought that it wasn't such a good idea to stay so late on a Sunday night, but she didn't regret it. Meeting Blaise was great. It was surprising when Blaise persuaded her to brew a lemon tea with him, claiming that he had heard of her fabulous culinary skills. When Draco tasted each of theirs, he couldn't tell the difference between them.

She felt a smile creep up as she reminisced, a toothbrush in her hand. Finishing up her morning routine, she went into the kitchen, loving the feel of the soft carpet under her bare feet, and poured herself a cup of coffee.

Clutching the coffee in two hands, she headed back to her room, intending to dress. However, all that she managed to do was drop her cup when she felt two arms encircle her waist. Her first thought was that it was Draco but realized that she felt differently whenever she was in his arms. She felt violated, as if she shouldn't be touched.

Ginny whirled around, not noticing that the cup had smashed. She ended up stepping on one of the pieces and grimaced as she felt it embed into her foot.

"Seamus?" She stood on one foot, wrenching out the shard.

"Ginny." He was staring at her, she noticed. Or not at her, but at her nightgown.

"Seamus, leave."

"No." He seemed transfixed by her shoulders.

Ginny sighed and wanted her wand.

Seamus finally spoke a complete sentence. "Ginny, what are you wearing?"

"Well, Seamus, I know you are dumb enough to go sleep with my bridesmaid before the wedding, but I honestly didn't think you wouldn't recognize a nightgown when you see one." she snapped, three years of worth frustration, sadness, and anger coming out with her words.

"I don't mind," he said as he attempted a sexy grin, which faded when he sneered, "You never wore something like that with me. It's for that bloody Malfoy you're shagging isn't it?"

The tension was palpable in the room. Ginny struggled to reign in her temper. "It's really none of your concern whether I'm sleeping with Draco, but you are free to leave."

"Why isn't your hair up?"

"I didn't like it."

"You did before." Seamus shot back.

"I didn't like it." Ginny repeated.

"It looks better that way. More you." Ginny's eyes narrowed, but Seamus didn't notice and rambled on. "You've changed so much, Gin. Come back to me. We'll be the same as before. We'll be happy." With that he kissed her, pulling her face forcibly toward his.

Ginny slapped him and wiped her mouth on her arm. "That was gross. Leave and don't come back." There was nothing but fury in her voice. "We'll never get together ever again, so forget about it." She stood her ground.