Telling All

"How did you know it was Seamus?"

"You told me."

Ginny scrambled off the bed. Draco was expecting this. Fortunately for Draco the potion hadn't gone quite into effect yet, and Ginny didn't have her wand with her, forgetting to bring it when she had rushed out the night before. She tipped and swayed, only to have Draco catch her and set her back on the bed, almost as if she were a young child.

"Sit." Ginny huffed. "I mean it Weasley. I brought you back and comf – let you sleep it off here. I deserve an answer to why I had to do that."

"Did you do it so you could blackmail me or something? It's ok. I do it every once in awhile."

"Bull. The bartender told me that you only come once a year, and you've been doing it for the last three years. Then you mentioned a wedding, a bridesmaid, and Seamus Finnigan. I'm getting very close here, but I don't know the details. And I would much rather hear it from you."

It was like a different world. She was so used to sad gazes and pitying smiles of her family and Harry and Hermione that Draco's piercing and demanding eyes unsettled her. Behind those eyes and hard face she saw something she didn't expect to see.

Concern.

It wasn't that he wanted to be nosy and find out everything he could. It was probably the same reason why he brought her back to his flat and didn't leave her to rot in the bar.

She looked up at him. "I'll start from the beginning." Draco sat down beside her on the bed. Their shoulders touched.

"You know that in my fifth year I started dating Harry, right?"

"No one could miss that." Draco was slightly sarcastic.

"And when he left, I dated Seamus. I needed someone after Harry. Seamus wasn't Harry, but he was security. Do you kind of get that?"

"Understood."

"I fell in love with him," Draco's gut dropped. Why am I feeling like this? "And we were perfect together. At least, I thought that."

It was like she couldn't stop talking. Everything just had to come out. She proceeded to tell him about her wedding, ending with how she'd been feeling the last three years without him.

"I often wonder, why did he leave me?" Ginny was saying tearfully but not yet shedding tears, "I didn't know what was wrong with us."

Maybe because he was just a bastard who didn't know how to hold on to a wonderful woman like you. Draco was shocked at his own thoughts.

"Did I do something wrong?" She turned to Draco. "Is there something wrong with me? For him to leave me, I mean."

Ginevra, there is nothing wrong with you. "Ginny, " Ginny's eyes shot up at the use of her name. "There is nothing wrong with you. Don't ever say that again." His eyes were hard. "You are a kind and funny person that anyone would like to hang around with." Her eyes watered and a tear slipped down her cheek. She tried to believe him, but she couldn't. "It's true." He insisted.

She turned away from him and stood up abruptly. "I need to go."

"Ginny. You haven't had a good cry in a long time, haven't you? With another person, I mean."

She didn't turn around, but she sobbed, "How can you tell?"

"Because I was the same way." He walked toward her and put his arms around her, cradling her within the circle of his arms, rocking her slightly. He turned her around gently and she returned the embrace, sobbing into his shirt. "Let it all out Ginevra."