I Can't Stand it Anymore

Hermione was driving herself crazy with her own wedding, a perfectionist by nature; she wanted to have the perfect blend of muggle and wizard, in order to satisfy both her parents and the Weasleys. She was ordering endless catalogues for wedding gowns, flowers, and musicians.

Ginny came over that night to help her, flipping through the catalogues. She was looking for a gown for herself when she came across the very same gown for her wedding. Expecting a wave of sorrow and a flood of memories to wash over her, she was surprised that she felt nothing, and simply continued on to the bridesmaid's gowns.

In bed that night she wondered why. She didn't even have the urge to pull out that worn photo album Harry had seen her holding that day Ron and Hermione announced their engagement. Instead, she began searching for a Hogwarts yearbook. She only had two, and she pulled out the one from her sixth year. It was actually Ron's. Her parents didn't have money to buy one every year, opting only for when their child was in seventh year.

She was skimming through the pages when she came across the Head Boy and Head Girl. Hermione, of course, was Head Girl, but there was much discrepancy over who was to be the Head Boy that year. Ernie McMillian, Harry Potter, and even Blaise Zabini were expected to be Head Boy if one followed school gossip, and everyone was shocked when Draco Malfoy became Head Boy instead.

In that picture he was leaning against the castle door. He still had that same smirky smile plastered on his face in the picture, and occasionally he would wink. Ginny closed the book quickly when she realized that she was examining an old picture of Draco.

That night she didn't have any old memories, rather, she dreamed of stormy silver eyes.

_._._._._._._

Draco was still slightly grumpy in the morning. He didn't get a good rest and now that the Silver Arrows were cured of their flamingo changing, they were doing something else if not anything. And he had yet another bloody meeting for matchmaking.

As he trudged to the bathroom he wholeheartedly wished that his mother had asked for anything else.

_._._._._._._

Walking to Soul Mates, he dreaded what he would find today.

Sitting in the same room he awaited his coming doom, not even bothering to look at the profiles anymore. A few minutes later a petite Asian girl came into the room.

"Hello." Draco said cautiously. Waving a hand at the tea and crumpets, he asked "Would you like some tea?"

"Yes, thank you. You are Draco Malfoy, are you not?" She spoke in a soft toned voice, with a bit of a Chinese accent.

Draco simply nodded. This was unbelievable. Was this the first girl that was actually sane? He blessed his luck. They spoke of several things, from their careers to Quidditch. The girl, whose name turned out to be Lin "Sue" Wong, was an auror from China who was transferred to England.

So this was a girl who was astonishingly beautiful, smart, ambitious, and polite? His day had come.

Their meeting was nearly half over and Draco was contemplating silently whether he should check 'I want to meet her again' or 'Yes' when Sue suddenly stood up.

Draco thought maybe she had to go to the restroom and stood up to walk her to the door like the gentleman he was. Instead, Sue walked around the room, muttering something to herself that sounded like Chinese.

"Sue, what's wrong?"

"This room has horrible feng shui." Draco was about to ask what the hell was feng shui when he was hit in the gut by one of the armchairs.