Paparazzi

Ron Weasley woke up on Monday and blearily looked for around for the clock. Seeing that he had woken up earlier than usual, he decided happily that he could use the cup of coffee that he normally didn't have time to drink.

After brushing his teeth, shaving, dressing and the like, he made a satisfactory up of coffee and sat down. Minutes later he opened the window to allow the delivery owl. Paying the customary five Knuts, he brought it back to the table.

He sipped his coffee, savouring the taste. Then his eyes caught the gaudy headline and he spat all of that wonderful liquid onto the paper.

_._._._._._._

Draco woke up, opening his eyes slowly. He smiled as he remembered what had happened yesterday. She loves me, he thought, Ginevra loves me He barely had time to brush his teeth when a pounding on his door was heard.

He groaned. Who on earth would be waking him up? He sighed and shuffled toward the door. He opened it to find a ruffled looking Blaise.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked.

"This is what's wrong." Blaise replied, handing Draco a copy of the Daily Prophet. "Look."

Draco's eyes widened as he saw the picture. His hand crumpled the paper mercilessly, dropping it on the floor.

_._._._._._._

Ginny was about to leave for work when she was suddenly bombarded by her brothers in the lobby. They were yelling something, holding Daily Prophets. A frantic looking Hermione seemed to be trying to pull the paper away from Ron, while Percy kept cleaning his glasses and looking at his paper. A crack sounded and Harry appeared, his hair standing on end, as if he had ran his hands through his hair too many times again.

He stared at Ginny. If she had looked closer, she would have noticed that he looked defeated, almost betrayed. Instead, all she heard was "Is it true, Gin?"

"Is what true?" Ginny wondered aloud.

Ron broke through to Ginny's side. They were making a loud commotion in the lobby and people were staring. Nobody noticed. "This," he yelled. "Are you dating Draco-effing-Malfoy?"

Without waiting for her reply, Fred and George spoke.

"You know Gin, after Seamus –"

"– we thought you could have had better tastes."

"Obviously not, since –"

"– since you're dating the bloody ferret."

"But if you're in need –"

"– of pranks and what not –"

"– you know where to find us."

They chuckled and bowed.

Percy, on the other hand, was much more serious. "Really, Ginny. Malfoy? Are you alright? Did he place a spell on you? Maybe a love potion or something. Or did he threaten you? It's okay to tell us, he won't hurt you or anyone." He sighed and rubbed at his eyes. "I would hate to start threatening him. It's terribly uncivilized."

Bill was there also, clutching his son, who had apparently taken a great interest in a nearby cat and was trying to crawl after it. "Gin, are you sure you know what you're doing? I know you're older than when you were with Seamus, but you know what happened before. Malfoy can't be trustworthy."

Ginny couldn't take it anymore. "Wait a minute. Just wait. How did you find out?"

Ron exploded. He shoved a Daily Prophet in Ginny's face. "That's how! Did you think we were going to never find out? When were you going to tell us anyway? When you were engaged to him?"