Indecision

Draco stared at Ginny. She had her hand clasped over her mouth in shock.

"Ginevra?"

Draco's voice brought her back to the present and she blushed. Gods, she's beautiful, Draco thought, watching her. Then he shook his head. No, bad Draco!

She became business-like. "So you need to find another woman, right? Because of your mother?" Her eyes softened as she thought of Draco's predicament.

No, I don't. "Yes, yes I do." Truthfully, Draco didn't want to see another woman from the bloody matchmaking ever again, but he just couldn't refuse Ginny when she looked at him like that.

"Okay then. Um, how about we meet tomorrow and look through the profiles again?"

"At Starknuts, again?"

She laughed. "Only if you promise to buy me coffee."

_._._._._._

Draco went up to his flat. He needed to think. To his surprise, he found a slightly annoyed Blaise in his kitchen, rummaging through the pantry.

"Hey Draco. Don't you have anything to eat besides crackers?" He mumbled, crumbs spilling onto the floor. "By the way, where were you? I was waiting for hours."

Unluckily for him, Draco wasn't in a good mood. He snapped, "I was with Ginevra, okay? And I just broke up with Charlene. So hush."

Blaise's mouth dropped and more crumbs fell out. Then he clenched his fist in anger. Swallowing, he yelled, "What the hell do you think you're playing at?"

Draco turned around. "What?"

"You know what I mean! How could you just dump Charlene like that and get another girl?" Draco couldn't even get a word in edgewise. "You're no better than the player the tabloids say you are."

Before Draco could even retaliate to this unfair statement, Blaise shouted, "Your mother is pretending she's dying so you can get a move on with your life. Don't you think you can give her this one thing?" Then his eyes widened. "I didn't say that," he whispered.

"What did you say?" Draco was stunned.

"N-nothing." Blaise stuttered.

"My mother isn't dying?" Draco felt an odd mixture of happiness and anger with his mother. "She lied to me." Betrayal was written across his face before he set it in an icy mask. He glared at Blaise. "When did you find out?"

Blaise decided that it would be easier to answer his questions than face Draco's wrath. "Before you started dating Charlene."

Draco looked out of a window. "So that explains all the 'is Charlene suitable for marriage' stuff then?"

He looked at Blaise as Blaise nodded shamefully.

"I'm going to go to my mother and find out more."

Blaise panicked. He grabbed Draco's collar. "Draco, just listen to me. I promised her that I wouldn't tell you. You should have seen her; she was practically begging me on her knees not to let you know."

He threw Blaise off him. "So it's to save your own hide?" Draco's anger had not subsided.

"No, it's to save your mother's. She would be devastated if she knew you knew."

"But then I can't stop looking for woman, right?" Draco's wrinkled his nose like a little boy as he thought of Charlene.

Blaise nodded. "Just pretend or something. Pretend that you're still in the matchmaking, but just quit. You didn't tell your mother about Charlene, did you?"