Orphans

Even though it had been nearly two weeks from that night in Shock, Ginny could still remember every detail. Every movement, every breath, every unspoken word. She hadn't even seen Draco since that night; they were so busy now, what with Christmas approaching fast and their own jobs. Plus, it seemed like it was an unspoken agreement to not mention the tango again. Yet all she could think about was that tango. Or more importantly, what happened after.

Draco pulled Ginny back up after he had dipped her, drawing her close to his chest. She wound her arms around his neck, his hands still held onto her waist. Their noses were almost touching.

Draco spoke softly, "Where has all that been hiding?"

"What?" What was Draco talking about?

"Your passion. It's like you've been tamed, somehow. Everything that was you got bottled up." It seemed so surreal, what he was saying.

Draco leaned down to Ginny.

"Let's give it up for these pair of lovers; they really know how to tango!" The DJ announced. Draco and Ginny pulled apart, both blushing slightly, now becoming aware of the cheering and questions aimed at them, as well as the people who didn't appreciate having to stop dancing for a couple dancing the tango.

"Where'd you learn to dance like that?"

"Oh, just get off the dance floor."

"Can I have your number?"

"That was hot!"

"That was just weird."

"Who tangos in a club?"

"I want a picture!"

"That was totally amazing; they must have been together so long."

Draco pulled Ginny out of the crowd and said, "I think we should go." Ginny nodded. Everything still seemed unreal. She took his hand and they left. They didn't notice an angry looking Ron running toward them, pushing people out of the way.

Hermione and Harry just appeared by Ron's side when Draco and Ginny left. Harry, knowing what Ron was about to do, grabbed Ron around the shoulders to prevent him from running after Ginny.

Hermione stared after the closing doors. "Was that Ginny holding Draco's hand?"

"It can't be." Ron was still in denial.

"It was." Ron and Hermione turned to Harry. "And she looked happier than she has in years."

"But it's MALFOY." Ron was nearly yelling now.

"Look, Ron, Harry's right. Did you actually look at Ginny when she was dancing with Malfoy?" When Ron shook his head, Hermione smiled. "Then leave her alone for now. She's smart."

"But Malfoy's a vile, ferret-faced seducer."

Harry was tired of Ron's lamentations, "Ron, just leave her alone, like Hermione said. If she's hurt, you can go beat up Malfoy." Ron looked happier at the prospect of beating up Malfoy.

When Draco and Ginny arrived at their building, they walked up the first flight of steps. On Ginny's landing, they looked at each other awkwardly. Neither wanted to speak about what happened when they danced together. Everything seemed different between them, somehow.

Ginny was the first to speak "I had a great time. Thanks." She turned to the door, opening it with her key. She was about to go in when Draco called her name. He was still standing there.