Surfacing

"It's spring now!" Ginny chirped, looked out the window at the drying patches of snow.

Draco groaned. "Birds cooing, rabbits reproducing, April showers bringing May flowers? Come off it. You like spring as much as I do."

"I like spring some, just not as much as autumn. And it rains all the time in England, Draco."

"Whatever."

"You know the media hasn't died out yet? They're still looking for us. I went shopping for food and they just swarmed around me."

Draco shrugged, and then he smirked. "That just means we'll have to stay...inside."

Ginny didn't miss the insinuation, and she was drinking water when she heard the last remark. She spit the water out on the floor and coughed. "What?"

"I'm just kidding, Ginevra. Though it's not like I haven't thought of making out with you all day. Actually, I wouldn't mind but –" He found himself mouthing words instead of saying them.

Ginny was calmly wiping the floor of water when Draco came up behind her. She turned and said, "Yes, I put a Silencing Charm on you."

Draco mouthed something. "Why? Because you were being a bad boy." Draco's brow furrowed. "Take it off? I don't think so. It's very peaceful now, isn't it?" Draco's eyes narrowed.

The next thing she knew, she was tackled to the ground and laughing while Draco tickled her mercilessly. "Alright, I'll take it off." She grabbed her wand and flicked it in Draco's direction.

He was still on top of her, hands braced on each side of her head. Ginny felt lightheaded, as if she was dreaming, warmth pooling into her stomach. "Don't do that." Draco said firmly, but Ginny saw that his eyes were a soft grey colour before he leaned down to kiss her and all she could do was close her eyes.

_._._._._._._

"Hermione, I know it's like only a few weeks till your wedding, but you've got almost everything planned. Why don't you just go and relax. Ron is getting grumpy that you never spend time with him."

Hermione scoffed. "Nonsense."

"It's not. He keeps complaining. All I hear from him now, besides 'be careful around Malfoy' and 'I fully support you Gin, but don't you think you deserve someone better than Malfoy?' are things like 'Where's Hermione?' or 'I keep telling her that I love her, but –"

"Okay, I get it. Let's just go over the setup again and then I'll let you leave."

"Thank you, Hermione. But it's really for you, you know."

They had been discussing the entrance of Hermione according to the music when Hermione blurted out, "Have you and Draco, um, done it?"

Ginny's eyes widened and her hand tightened. The paper she was holding crinkled. "No. Why?"

"You guys just seem so comfortable with each other. Usually it means that you've had sex."

"I haven't even moved in yet."

"You don't have to live together to do it. In fact, you start doing it, and then you move in."

When did Hermione start to be so tactless? "Hermione, we live right next to each other, what's the point of –"

"Haven't you even thought about it?"

"I have, but – " Ginny stopped, chewing on her bottom lip.

"But what?"

"I don't know if I can. I always thought that –"

Hermione sensed Ginny's uneasiness. "Never mind, Gin. Don't think about it too much. It'll happen when it happens."