Christmas

"Hermione, orchids are extremely exotic, yes, but don't you think they're a teensy bit ugly?" Ginny scowled at the offensive flowers. "Why can't you just go with red roses or something like that?"

"Because red roses are so cliché! I want something special. I'll only be married once, you know."

"Let's hope so."

Hermione was still looking through the booklet. "Ginny, I think I'm going to set the wedding date a month or two earlier. Do you think everyone will mind?"

Ginny shook her head. "Why don't you just look for something that reflects spring? Like daffodils or – " Ginny groaned. "I don't know."

Hermione screwed up her face in thought. "That's actually a good idea." She began looking for more suitable flowers.

Ginny simply sighed in relief.

_._._._._._._._

When Draco first caught sight of Ginny on Tuesday, he had to relearn how to breathe. She looked so beautiful, more beautiful than any other girl he had ever seen, walking towards him. Her cheeks were flushed from the cold, and her hair gleamed brightly against the gently falling snow.

Ginny's face had unconsciously broken into a grin when she saw Draco, standing in front of the coffee shop. That he was in all black didn't hide his good looks, rather, they emphasized them. His silver eyes practically shone in his pale face.

"Hello Draco."

"Ginevra." He nodded his head in greeting.

Ginny had often wondered why he insisted on calling her by her actual name, but she didn't mind, in fact, she rather liked it. She didn't know if it was his voice, or just the way he said it. Maybe it was both.

Draco went to get them coffee as Ginny pulled out the papers once more. He sighed inwardly when he saw her do so.

Both of them really didn't concentrate on what they were supposed to be doing. Draco simply looked at the profile and, without reading it, tossed it into the trash can. Ginny didn't notice what she was supposed to be doing because she kept peeking over her papers at Draco.

What's wrong with me? I'm not supposed to be feeling this way. It's wrong. Isn't it? She bit her lip in frustration.

In the four hours that they were together, Draco, seeing Ginny biting her lip, had to continuously retrain himself from throwing the papers he was reading into the trash can and kiss Ginny instead.

_._._._._._._._

They decided to call off all their meetings until after Christmas. It was getting too hectic, with last minute Christmas shopping and their jobs. What they didn't know was that both of them were wondering what to get each other for Christmas. Or that they never wanted to talk about Draco getting another woman. And that they didn't want to leave each other right then.

Ginny went back to her flat to drop off her things and walked around the muggle part of town. She changed her mind about Fred and George's gifts, thinking that they knew enough about wizarding pranks and could benefit from altering muggle ones. Unlike Percy, she enjoyed the twins' jokes. They were harmless, really.

She got them a few 'magic tricks', as muggles called them, and a book on some muggle named Houdini. It said on the back cover that he was able to escape from anything he was locked in. But Ginny peeked in the back and read that he died because he couldn't escape when he was locked in a tub full of water. Poor guy, she thought.

Passing by a toy story, she went in and got some baby clothes for her niece and toys for her nephew. Since she and Hermione had decided to go shopping together tomorrow at Diagon Alley, she went straight back home.