Meet The Parents

Draco was getting ready for the charity ball. Blaise was with him, lounging on one of his armchairs.

"So what's Charlene like? She suitable for marriage?"

Draco frowned. Ever since he had started going out with Charlene, Blaise had managed to ask after every single date whether she was suitable for marriage. What had gotten into him?

"I don't know. She's nice and all, but there's something weird, I don't know. I guess it's alright." He shrugged.

"I thought you two would be perfect for one another. Being Purebloods and all."

Draco glanced sharply at Blaise. Something was going on; Blaise seemed nervous and anxious, somehow. "It doesn't mean we're soul mates. She just happened to be a sane woman that I was willing to go out with."

"It's not just a few dates anymore, you know. It's been nearly a month."

"That's exactly my point. I don't know whether I want to marry her, because I don't know her well enough."

"You haven't even kissed her yet. You usually do that on the second date. She's beautiful, Pureblooded, mildly interesting, rich, and smart, from what I heard. When have you ever wanted more?"

He remembered the conversation that he and Ginny had the first day he met with her.

"She has to be beautiful."

"Well then, there are a lot of beautiful women in England."

Was he just looking for a beautiful and sane woman? Did he want something more now?

"Draco?"

"Huh?" Wow, that was intelligent.

"You just looked like Neville Longbottom in front of Snape for a second there."

"What?" Draco wasn't paying attention to what Blaise was saying.

"Never mind."

Draco went to pick up Charlene at her flat again. He stared at the doorknob with its diamonds, now wondering, who on earth has diamonds in their doorknobs? When the door opened and Charlene came out. She was wearing a long evening gown that made her look quite the seductress, but Draco barely glanced at it. What he did notice were the many diamonds hanging from her neck, ears, and wrists.

"Hello Draco." She purred.

"Charlene." He kissed her on the cheek in greeting.

"Let's go."

They arrived at a lavish manor not unlike his mother's manor. It was situated in the middle of the countryside, with plenty of land surrounding it. Most Purebloods had homes that displayed such wealth, so it was nothing new or surprising to Draco.

When they walked up the steps to the front door, he saw a young woman that reminded him of someone. She turned around and caught sight of Charlene. Charlene obviously knew the woman because she let go of Draco's arm to hug the woman.

Charlene introduced her. "Gabrielle, this is Draco Malfoy. Draco darling, this is Gabrielle Delacour. This is my cousin, the hostess of this ball."

"Pleased to meet you." Draco said automatically. Then he recognized her surname and realized who she was. "You're not related to Fleur, are you? She was the Triwizard Champion during my fourth year."

Gabrielle beamed, flipping her silvery hair over own shoulder. "Yes, she iz my older seester."

"How is she? Still with that Bill, was it?" Charlene asked. Knowing that the two were going to chatter for quite some while about some more girl nonsense, he looked at the entrance hall. It was beautifully decorated with little fairies flying here and there among some colourful bubbles. Draco didn't have a clue why anyone would decorate with fairies, but the effect was stunning.