Truth

"Did you tell her yet?" Blaise shifted nervously side to side as he asked the question he had been asking frequently in the past week. "Are you going to tell her today?"

Draco's brow furrowed. "No." His answer was short, terse, and succinct.

Blaise visibly relaxed. Draco rolled his eyes and reached for his coat.

He headed for the door as he spoke the dreaded words. "I'm going to have to tell her sometime, Zabini."

"It doesn't have to be right now."

"Stop brainwashing me. I got enough of that from my father growing up. I don't need you to do that to me too."

Blaise shut up. True, he didn't want Draco to tell Narcissa and cause her to feel guilty for what she did, but Draco had just mentioned his father, and that was never a good sign. It wouldn't do to start pushing the topic again. Draco was hell bent on having the truth come out. Unlike Blaise, Draco wasn't completely at peace with the past. He wouldn't let it go.

_._._._._._._._._

The owl had flown quite a distance, over sea and land, finally reaching her goal. Her wings beat steadily despite its long journey as she searched for the recipient of the letter tied to her leg. She fluttered them as she perched haphazardly on the windowsill, looking for the distinctive red hair while tapping on the glass sharply with her beak. No one responding, and the dark black owl leapt once again in the air. The sky was dark, and growing darker. Clouds gathered as she flew quickly, soaring over the muggle towns toward Diagon Alley.

"Gin, you have one of those introductory things to go to again. Five minutes, alright hon?"

"Sure Alex, be there in a sec. Grace, I'm going to need those papers on the Klitchers. They're ragging me on forever about their son not finding anyone. Serves him right for putting ridiculous things on his form, the prat."

"Here you go, Gin."

"Merlin's beard, we're getting a lot of business today. Thank you Grace."

Ginny rushed through the crowded hallways of Soul Mates.

"Miss Weasley, this man here says –"

"I'm sorry Veronica, can you send him over to Grace? Tell her to take his name down and I'll meet him to sort out whatever happened, okay?"

"Of course. Come along, sir."

The owl swooped through the closing door, accelerating her speed as she finally spotted Ginny. She landed on her shoulder. Ginny stopped.

"Hey girl. How's Ron and Hermione?" The owl nipped affectionately at Ginny's earlobe. She cooed at the beautiful black owl. "Are they ignoring you, huh? Are they making goo goo eyes at each other and none at you, you pretty thing?"

"Stop making goo goo eyes at the owl and hurry that little butt of yours. You're going to be late."

Ginny said as she untied the letter from the owl's foot, "Shut up, Alex. Take her back to my office and give her some owl treats. They're in the front drawer on the right hand side of my desk. I'll just 'hurry my little butt' and go."

She tucked the letter in one of her folders and ran off.

_._._._._._._._

"Mother?" Draco said as he opened the front doors. He walked inside the oddly quiet household. "Mother?" Blaise, who had decided to go with Draco, followed.

Narcissa panicked as Draco rounded the corner to the sitting room. She held up the newspaper to hide the numerous wedding magazines in her lap and tried to look innocent. "Hello, dear," she said, poking her head over the top of the Daily Prophet. "Oh, hello to you too Blaise." Draco looked at his mother oddly. "What is it, darling?"