Chapter Sixteen: Intoxication

Rebecca

After the chat about Rachel passed over, Dylan and I just made small talk about things like the party and plans for the summer. I personally thought Dylan was an asshole, but he really isn't. What the hell is with these guys? They degrade everyone they speak to, and treat girls horribly, but then turn around and help people out every blue moon. Or in this case, they are actually normal and fun to talk to.

"Hey I'll be right back, I have to go get more ice," he said to me. He didn't wait around long enough for me to say anything in reply, so I just sat there and sucked down my refilled Coca-Cola. I'm going to be jumping off the walls any minute now haha.

"Rebecca hey," Tristan said. My whole mood dropped as he took the seat beside me and ordered himself something to drink.

"When someone doesn't want to talk to you, they'll let you know, and you should leave them alone. So let's try it out. Tristan, I don't want to talk to you." I said dryly. How many times do I have to see his face before the night is over?

"Relax, I know that you won't accept my apology and I understand why you wouldn't. I was just thinking about all the fun times we used to have together, and how much I loved you," he confessed.

Oh my gosh, can't someone's dad shoot him with a shotgun already? "You mean back when you were saying you loved both me and some other chick at the same time?" Asshole!

He let out a long sigh, and took a sip from his drink. "I don't know what you want me to say."

"I don't want you to say anything. I'm done with you," I frowned. You'd think the hundredth time I had said it he would have gotten the message. When my soda had vanished from my cup again, I groaned in frustration. Why is this soda so damn good? Why can't Tristan leave me alone?

"I'll get you another one," he offered.

"No thanks, I'll wait for Dylan to come back," I told him.

Of course he ignored me, and climbed over the counter. I'm sure if Jack wasn't too busy making oggly eyes at some blondes, that he would have shouted at Tristan. I watched as he filled up my cup with more coca cola. "Rebecca, you've been over here all night," Cody whined as he took the seat Tristan had been sitting in. I glanced back to where my ex had been, but he was gone. All that was there was my drink, which I took and began to suck down.

"I don't feel like dancing yet," I shrugged. Actually I do, it's cooler down here than I thought. That's partly because people have gone upstairs to see the game, or they were in the game room watching a movie.

"You don't have to dance, and I know Dylan is a great guy to talk to, but you're forgetting about this guy," he said as he pointed to his chest. I wonder if he's still in pain from that punch Tristan practically killed him with.

"Alright, when he comes back then I'll say my goodbyes and join you." I told him.

"Meet me upstairs in the kitchen, I'm hungry again and Pat has a small tv that we can watch the game on," he said. Then he took off. I shook my head and finished my drink. Tristan must not have wanted Cody to see him. It makes sense I guess, but guys are too stupid to make sense.

***

Dylan had taken forever to get back. When he did though, he came through the room with two large bags of ice resting on his broad shoulders. The guy was sexy, and I think out of the three cutest: Cameron, Pat, and Dylan, he has the best personality with his beauty. Anyway, I ended up talking to him for about twenty more minutes. "Is it just me or is it really hot in here?" I asked him. The temperature of the room had increased dramatically.