Chapter Thirty-One: Reality Check

Cameron

As soon as our lips made contact I felt something I had never felt before in my life. It was like a jolt of pure happiness and I felt like nothing else mattered except for her. I broke off from the kiss in case she wasn't in to it, but her hand clutched my shirt and she yanked me back into the kiss. Our first kiss wasn't supposed to affect me too, just her. As much as I wish I hadn't been affected by it, I can't deny the fact that I was. I didn't think I was going to get in the kiss when she stopped me the first time, but I was wrong. To be honest I could have just stayed right there with her for the rest of the night.

What the fuck is happening to me? I never have flashbacks of a kiss, especially not a simple one like last nights. Why can't I stop thinking about it?

My thoughts were rudely interrupted by Pat snapping his fingers in front of my face. "Earth to Cameron, wake up!" He shouted. I shook my head as an attempt to try to get last night's events out of my head. "Dude are you okay? This is the fifth time today you've spaced out." He frowned.

"Yeah, you've just been staring in to space for five minutes." Dylan added. We were sitting in my backyard at the table talking about football camp and the road trip that was coming up next week.

"I don't know what's wrong with me." I replied. "Something happened last night and it's driving me insane." I explained. They both looked at me like I was crazy, but I didn't care.

Then before I knew it they were scooting their chairs over to me like it was some kind of race. "Well tell us what happened!" They shouted in unison. I arched a brow as I looked back and forth between their overly excited expressions.

"Calm down ladies, it's nothing I haven't done before." I chuckled. Their eyes were the size of melons and I was beginning to feel claustrophobic from how close they were to me. I felt as if we had formed some kind of sandwich. "I was with Rebecca and-"

"You finally screwed her!" Pat cheered. "It's about damn time. I thought Dylan was going to win this bet for sure since you hadn't even kissed her yet, but now-"

"I didn't sleep with her." I interrupted. For once in my life I was just satisfied with a simple kiss, sex was the last thing on my mind while I was with her. "We just kissed." I told them. Pat suddenly looked less excited, and he huffed as he scooted his chair back to its original spot across from me. Dylan on the other hand still seemed interested.

"When, where, how?" He asked.

"Last night during the fireworks, we were at the top of the Ferris wheel, and I just went for it." I answered. Part of me didn't want to be as vague as I was about it, but the other part of me wanted to just keep it to myself. It didn't make any sense at all. Usually we talk about these things in full detail, but I didn't want to. Not this time.

His eyebrows pulled together in a frown when I didn't continue talking. "Is that all I'm going to get out of you?" He asked.

I just nodded my head. "Sorry, it wasn't the most exciting thing in the world. I mean there was no touching, no tongue, or anything like that. It was just a kiss." I shrugged.

Pat spit out the water he had just been drinking, and he looked as if I had just said I was a virgin. "Are you fucking kidding me? What kind of kiss doesn't have those key things involved? She was probably bored to death by your lame ass kiss. I mean you guys bet allot of money on her and you're just letting her slip right out of your fingers. You have to make a move soon dude." He told me, sounding frustrated.

"Maybe he doesn't want to anymore Pat. I mean did you not see them last night when we all met back up. She was blushing uncontrollably and he was all weird like he is now. It's possible that our little Cameron has finally fallen in love. When has he ever just kissed a girl with nothing added? Never is when, so that has to mean something." Dylan replied.