Chapter Twenty-Seven: Brother to Brother

Cameron

I woke up early, and took a shower since I hadn't had a chance to last night. My issue now is figuring out how I'm going to get to school today. I've never ridden the bus before, and I don't even think I know where the bus stop is. Maybe I can get Rebecca to let me use her phone so Cody or someone can pick me up. Just as I wrapped the towel around my waist and walked back into the room, the door opened and Rebecca walked in. "Cameron wake up it's-" She paused and her eyes couldn't check me out fast enough. I could see her trying to fight it, but there was no use.

"Good morning," I said to bring her back to reality, although I didn't mind her checking me out. "You were saying?"

She frowned and crossed her arms over her chest. "I was just coming to wake you up. My parents are already at work so you don't have to worry about bumping heads with them." She replied. I just nodded, if only Dylan hadn't tossed in that part about me having to make her fall in love with me, I could end the bet right here. "Oh um do you need a ride to school?" She asked.

"Nope, my mom wasn't mad enough to take my keys away." I said. She was still slightly distracted by the fact that I had nothing on but a towel. It was funny watching her reaction, especially since she looked as if she had just woken up a few minutes ago. Her hair hadn't been brushed yet, but her face was clean which meant she had been up for a while. Even though she looks slightly crazy, she still somehow manages to look just as hot as she does any other day. I could only imagine how good she'd look the morning after sleeping with me.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, going home I mean?" She asked, referring to everything I told her last night. The last thing I need is for her to start treating me differently because of my sob story. That's the whole reason why nobody knows my dad is still alive in the first place.

"Don't do that." I told her.

She looked at me confused. "Don't do what? I was just asking a question."

"Don't get all soft on me. I only told you that stuff because I didn't think you'd show me any empathy, so please don't. Just go back to hating me like before...unless of course you never hated me and fell for me the first time I spoke to you," I smirked.

Her entire expression became hard and annoyed. "No way, not ever. Falling for you isn't on my agenda."

"But the carnival is, right?" I asked her hopeful.

She huffed and walked out of the room. "Put some damn clothes on you model looking man-whore." She muttered angrily.

***

"You did what?!" All the guys asked in unison. We were by my locker and I had just finished telling them the whole story including when Rebecca came in.

"I told her." I repeated. "It's not that big a deal."

Cody rose a brow, Jack shook his head, Dylan just looked at me like I was stupid, and Pat's head clunked onto the locker next to mine. "Geez you guys are making it seem like I told her I loved her." I chuckled. "What's the big deal?"

"She's a chick dude!" Jack replied.

"Girl's can't keep secrets if their lives depended on it. She's going to think 'man I should tell someone' and then she'll think about who and go to her best friend, who by the way doesn't exactly like you. She's going to say 'don't tell him or anyone else I told you' and then Rachel will be like 'payback motherfucker." Pat added.

That does sound true. "Calm down, she won't tell anybody. Even if she did, it's the last day of school. Nobody would care, and she has no proof anyway." I reminded them.