Chapter Twenty-One: Familiar Face

Rebecca

When I got home, my mom and dad were both gone. He was off with some old friends, and she was out grocery shopping. I only knew this because they left a cute little note on the counter where I set the mail down at. I'm thrilled that Cameron and I have our own cars. If we didn't, we'd have to ride the bus and then walk home. Since we live right behind each other, that would have sucked. Earlier he seemed really pissed off, which doesn't make sense since he has no stresses. I mean the guy lives a life of freedom.

After I ran upstairs to my room and dropped my stuff off, I changed into something more comfortable. So some cute shorts and a t-shirt pretty much. Then I debated whether or not to put my hair up in a pony tail or leave it down, but after two minutes, I just decided to leave it down. I heard the laundry room door open and my mom's voice, so I knew she was now home. There was a paper I remembered I needed her to sign, so I quickly darted back to my room and dug through my backpack until I found the crumpled sheet of paper.

As I walked into the kitchen, I already saw some bags off food on the counter. The doors were shut, which meant she had just gone out to get more out of the car. I reached for the laundry room door and pulled the handle down before I pushed it open, only to see Cameron about to walk into the house. He stopped before he could run in to me, and we just looked at each other for a moment. His eyes were hard to read, but I'm sure he could see the confusion all over my face. Instead of saying hi, or explaining what he was doing in my house with my mom's grocery bags in his hands, he just brushed past me. I turned around to say something, but then I heard my mom come into the room from behind me.

"Oh hey Rebecca," she smiled. "Mind helping with the bags?" She asked.

"S-Sure, but um what is he doing here?" I asked her.

"You two go to school together don't you? He just happened to be out for a stroll and I had some heavy bags. He's got some muscle, so I asked him to help me out." She explained. He was out for a stroll she says. As if that isn't suspicious at all. I mean we just got home from school, it doesn't make sense for him to just be out walking. If he had a dog or something with him then I'd believe it was just a harmless walk, but he was just by himself, which makes it weird.

Once all of the bags were in from the car, we emptied them and started to put things away. He and my mom were talking up a storm and she was being a little flirt. She asked him if he worked out a lot and a bunch of other stuff like that. It was quite embarrassing. What bothered me the most though, was how he acted as if I wasn't even in the room. He didn't look at me once, and when I commented on something they were talking about, he didn't ever say anything back to me. I don't really like being ignored so when my mom left the room for a moment, I took advantage of the opportunity.

"Why are you ignoring me?" I asked him grumpily.

He said nothing, and still didn't look at me. Instead he just put some more things in the pantry. He knew where some of the things went because he placed all of Cody's stuff in it's usual spot. Apart from that though, he'd ask my mom where things went. Annoyed, I walked over to where he was and lightly pat his arm to get his attention. "Hello?" I asked.

He looked at me and frowned. "Stop touching me." He muttered. I frowned when I could see a hint of lust in his eyes. What the hell is that about?

"Stop ignoring me and I will." I replied sternly.

"You are really starting to get on my nerves. You joined me and the guys during our bonfire, hunted me down at school, and now want me to stop ignoring you. I'd think you would be glad I wasn't paying you any attention." He said.