Chapter Thirty-Five: Work and Play

Cameron

After my make-out session with Rebecca, I got dressed and sat down on my bed trying to figure things out. She initiated the kiss, and things could have ended with her clothes scattered all over the floor. Would she have gone all the way with me if the doorbell hadn't rung? No way, we aren't even dating yet so of course that wouldn't have happened. I don't know if I'm freaking out because of how good she felt against me like that, or of how much I hope I didn't freak her out by moving too fast. A hard knock on my door snapped my mind out of it's thoughts, and then Jack walked into the room. "Hey dude," he smiled, leaving the door cracked behind him.

"What's up?" I replied, clearing my throat because my voice sounded a little dry. He crossed his arms over his chest and grinned like he knew something that nobody else did. I arched my brow and gave him a questioning look.

"Why exactly did Rebecca answer your door?" He asked curiously.

That's a dumb question. "Because the doorbell rang," I said like it was an obvious answer.

He nodded his head and began to pace across the room. "How come she was here before the rest of us?" He questioned me suspiciously. Come on Jack, she lives right behind me.

"She wanted to hang out, so I invited her over." I shrugged. Where is he trying to go with this?

"How long was she here?" He asked as he came to a stop at my desk, eyeing everything on it as if he was searching for clues.

I let out a sigh and looked up at the ceiling as I thought about it. "I don't know, maybe an hour or two. Actually she could have been here longer than that." I guessed.

Again his head bobbed up and down, making his dirty blond hair do a weird little dance. I watched him walk along the walls of my room, examining a few posters I had on them. "Anything exciting happen?" He asked.

"Actually we-"

"Evidence!" He shouted suddenly. I frowned confused until he picked up the towel, that had been wrapped around my waist less than five minutes ago, off the floor. My eyes almost fell out of my head when he brought it up to his nose and sniffed it. "It's fresh, and Rebecca was definitely wrapped in it." He said more to himself than to me.

I just shook my head. "Jack she wouldn't have had to shower here since her house is right behind mine. I was the one who showered, and that towel is mine." I told him as I tried to resist a laugh. The towel dropped from his hands immediately and he froze as my words processed in his head. Concerned, I got up and waved my hand in front of his face.

"Dude are you okay?" I asked him as I searched for life in his blank eyes.

He shook his head to snap out of it, and frowned. "I just smelt your junk man, that's not cool!" He squealed like a chick. I busted out in laughter, and he just huffed. "Laugh all you want, but if you tell anyone I'll make sure you regret it." He threatened. Jack would lose in a fight against me so fast, just the thought of him trying made me laugh harder. "Shut up already," he groaned. "You should invest in a laundry hamper instead of just leaving shit around on your floor." He lectured angrily.

I eventually pulled myself together, and stared at him. "You're disgusting man." I commented. "You shouldn't have been interrogating me like I did something bad. It's karma that made you pick the thing up and sniff it."

"I was just suspicious because I thought you and Rebecca slept together." He replied. Just as the end of his sentence came out, Pat walked through the door.

"You screwed her? Finally!" He rejoiced. I narrowed my eyes irritated as he slammed me into a hug. "I'm so proud of you man, I knew there was a reason why she answered your door. How was it?" He asked.