Chapter Twenty-Eight: Hospital Visit with The Crew

Rebecca

Cameron invited me and the rest of his gang to go visit his dad in the hospital. I don't feel nervous about it, I mean I'm not his girlfriend or anything, just a friend...sort of. The emotion I guess I could say I do feel is excitement. I'm about to meet the man who helped create the man-whore I'm currently being pursued by. Of course I don't plan to be like 'By the way, your son is trying to steal my virginity for a bet.' Who knows what we'll end up talking about? Maybe I'll get to see some Cameron emotions come out while we're here.

"I still don't understand what the hell she's doing here." Jack snorted as we made our way to the room Cameron's dad was in.

"She's here because I asked her to come, and my dad wanted to meet her anyway." Cameron told him.

Pat wrapped his arm around Jack's neck, putting him into a playful choke hold. "Chill out man, it's just a visit. Besides, a hot girl joining us only makes this more exciting." He joked.

Dylan and Cody hadn't been against or for me being here, in fact they were quieter than normal. "If me being here is an issue I could always leave." I told Cameron. Pat may be joking around, but even he seemed a bit upset that I was here too. I could meet his dad some other time, there's no rush.

"If you being here was an issue I wouldn't have invited you," he replied as he glanced over at me.

Could that mean that he wants me to be here? Hahahaha, yeah right.

We finally made it to the room, and Cameron opened the door for us like a gentlemen, probably wanting to be on his best behavior for his dad. Pat and Dylan practically raced each other into the room, while Cody and Jack just took their time. Shyly, I just kinda followed after them, but Cameron stepped in front of me blocking the entrance to the room. "Don't get me in trouble," he joked.

"Oh yeah, I just canceled a dinner date with Rachel so I could join you man-whores on a visit to see your dad, that way I could try to save myself from your evil ways," I said sarcastically. "Move it or lose it," I smiled before I pushed past him.

The other four boys were lined up along the hospital bed blabbing their mouths off like cheerleaders. Instead of making myself be seen, I just hung back. Cameron purposely bumped into me as he made his way to the other side of the bed.

"There's my troublemaker," I heard Cameron's dad chuckle. "What's this I hear about Cody getting in a punch?" He asked him.

Cameron scratched his head, thinking of a way to answer without getting himself in too much trouble. "Well, let's just say I was being a dick and messing with Cody's other best friends." He replied.

Whoa, he can say dick in front of his dad? If I said anything like that to my parents I'd be grounded for life, like no joke. "Which friends?" His dad asked.

"You don't remember Rachel and Rebecca?" Cody asked him.

"Oh yeah, now those two girls are going to have all the guys in school. Cameron how are things with you and miss Rebecca?" His dad asked.

Pat and Dylan glanced back at me, but then turned their attention to Cameron. "You don't have to ask me dad, she's right there hiding behind the guys," he said, ratting me out. Damn him.

"What?" He asked surprised. The guys separated far enough so that I could be seen. For a dad with cancer he didn't look so bad without his hair. In fact he didn't look that bad at all, I can see where Cameron got his looks from...bleh.

"Hello," I smiled shyly.

"Wow you're all grown up." He replied. "The last time I saw you, you were just a little squirt. My wife and your mom used to hang out all the time and your mom would bring you by the house every now and then." He explained. I used to know Cameron and his family? Now that's a shocker.