Chapter Forty-Nine: Masquerade Ball

Rebecca

My eyes scanned the five dresses I had narrowed down from twelve. The guys told us about a masquerade ball that the town was throwing at the City Hall. I'd always see balls on princess movies, and always wished to be able to go to one. Rachel and I have less than an hour to pick our final choices so we could go back to the house to do our hair and make-up.

Rachel and I were sharing a fitting room, and were trying to make up our minds. "Rebecca you have to wear one of the blue ones, they look best on you," she promised.

I'm not going to argue, they did look really great on me. "Alright fine, that narrows it down to two," I sighed. Then I thought about what Clara could be trying on in some other store. Cameron and the guys dropped all of us off, and promised to pick us up after we were all done. Since I have been in an anti-Clara mood despite the fact that she apologized to me. What if her dress is prettier than mine? For all I know she could still be trying to get with Cameron.

"Hey Rachel which one do you think Cameron would like?" I asked her shyly.

She was holding up a dress in front of her by a mirror, and turned around to face me. "Rebecca do I have to slap some sense into you? Who gives a damn what Cameron would like on you? If you're going to pick a dress, just pick one that you feel beautiful in, not your boyfriend," she advised me.

As much as I want to disagree with her, I can't because she's right. "Okay well I like both of them, so can you help me decide which one looks best?" I asked her.

Of course to make the best decision, she made me try both of them back on again. After a good five or so minutes, we finally agreed on the same dress. It was strapless with different shades of blue on it, with a little bit of green. The middle left of the dress tied up in a messy knot, that managed to look really cute. It was mid thigh length, and showed off my legs nicely.

"My gosh you look so sexy in that beast, you should let me be your date," she joked.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea," I played along. "I'm sure you're much more fun than our boyfriends combined," I chuckled.

"You know it," she smirked. Then she went back to debating on which dress she wanted to wear.

It would only make sense for me to help her since she helped me. "I think you should go with this one, it looked really great on you," I told her as I picked up a purple dress that was strapless like mine and also the same length. It had small silver jewels that wrapped around where her ribs would be, and the bottom of the dress had thin purple strings running down it.

After she tried it on once again, her eyes scanned over the dress a few times. "Yeah you're right. We know each other so well," she smiled.

Cameron

The girls were out of the house, allowing us guys to have some free time before the ball. Patrick and Jack were down in the living room playing video games, Cody was stuffing his face in the kitchen, Dylan was making his hair look good, and Logan was watching a movie in the basement. I on the other hand, was in my room chilling in my bed, thinking about last night.

I hadn't planned to ever tell a girl that I loved her, but when I was out on that boat with Rebecca, it just felt like the right thing to do. Why else would I have fallen for her, and confessed to her about my dad issues and about how I cried? Usually something like crying isn't even a thing I share with the guys, it's such a lame thing to do, but when I told Rebecca I didn't feel lame at all.

Couples tell their partners that they love them all the time. The only reason it's freaking me out so bad is because I only tell a person I love them if I truly mean it. Last night I meant every last single word I said to her, but now I'm questioning myself. How can I love her if I'm still planning to somehow get her in bed with me so I can win the bet?