ch15 a long awaited break

its been a week since me and rengoku woke up tanjiro and his friends are in rehabilitation training while im still bed ridden with rengoku, his little brother and father came to visit and i was shocked by their resemblance " mini and big rengoku" i thought i stared at senjuro admiring how cute he is.

senjuro:" hello sen nee-san im kyoujurou's younger brother senjuro, nii-san talked alot about you"

"...ute..."

senjuro tilted his head in confusion

sen:" senjuro can you come here for a sec"
i gestured with my hand with a soft smile

senjuro:" hai..."

when he came over i pulled him in a big hug and shouted

sen:" senjuro you're so cute!"

senjuro stuttered in embarrassment while kyoujurou agreed while laughing and his father just stood there with his arms crossed.

aoi came into the room and started nagging me

aoi:" sen san you're still recovering you shouldn't move too much, you cant even feed yourself with those burned hands"

sen:" its ok i can just have cute little senjuro here feed me if needed"

i said while cupping his face we chatted while eating our lunch, aoi and shinobu then came and checked up on our injuries and helping us change the bandages soaked in blood.

sen:" that hurts shinobu san cant you be gentle"

shinobu:" ara ara its a punishment for being so reckless, now would you mind explaining how you got so hurt and why did you appear with rengoku"

i looked down at my wounds and started to explain, i first told them about the blood demon art i put on kyoujurou before he left, and how i would be teleported if something life threatening is about to happen, and everything that had happened after. shinobu just sighed before finishing with my bandages and went to send a report to ubuyashiki sama.

aoi:" dont do that next time you nearly used up all the blood transfusions we had"

aoi said angrily before leaving, it was just me and kyojurou left.

sen:" ne rengoku san can i call you koujurou?"

kyoujurou:" hmm i like it you can call me whatever you like thats what most of the other pillars call me as well"

sen:" thank you... kyoujurou"

i felt i little embarrassed but happy at the same time now that i could call him kyoujurou, it feels like we have gotten closer, i think ill be satisfied with just this even if he doesn't love me back, after all im scared that he would push me away like my father did. i wonder if he is still alive...

sen:" hey kyou- urgh!"

why now of all times because of my weakened state its much harder to maintain one form i quickly covered my eyes in hopes that he didnt see.

kyoujurou:" SEN! are you all right did one of your wounds reopen?"

sen:" im all right... just stay there"

i said while turning my face away hiding the side of me that i never wanted him to see, i heard footsteps of someone comming over and then suddenly a strong force grabbed both of my wrist making me turn around and see kyoujurou standing there with a sorrowful face revealing everything i have been trying to hide. i quickly attempted to turn my face away in failure after he cupped my face preventing my escape.

sen:" kyoujurou... its hideous isnt it"

i look away not wanting to see his face with an expression of disgust but instead he put his forehead to mine and said

kyoujurou:" no they aren't i love them you dont need to hide them from me i had already seen those crimson eyes of yours in a distance long ago"