ch42 the end is near

the battle had begun, sen and the others kept their gaurd up while praying for those who are fighting and that they would survive, kiriya started to work and issue orders for those fighting. the ubuyashiki estate burst up into flames that fueled the pillars rage. the man the muzan previously turned into a demon used a blood demon technique and immobilized muzan, tamayo took the chance to drive the drug they developed to weaken muzan into him along with her fist. gyomei went in and destroyed muzans head, and as they had expected only the burning sun could kill him. soon the other pillars along with tanjiro arrived and before they could land a hit they were absorbed into the infinity fortress, and unfortunately shinobu encountered her life long enemy douma the fuel of her rage. they clashed throwing attack after attack but her strerwas not enough for the power of a upper kizuki, even the strongest of her poisons stood no chance. soon enough she was absorbed by the demon douma having kanao arrive seconds before watching her master get absorbed, at the same time zenitsu reunited with someone whom he knew long ago, but he was no longer human but an upper kizuki 6.

the sound of the crow announcing the death of kocho shinobu rang throughout the fortress, but nobody had the time to stop and mourn for her. the young ubuyashiki children began their work, mapping the locations of the members and the fortress. upon zenitsu's confrontation with upper moon 6 he could not contain his rage he howled insults and complaints at the demon and so did he. it was a blinding battle against two thunder users, zenitsu was struck down before long by his former senior, and while reminiscing he remembered his time with him, he used the seventh form that he haf created and sliced the head of the demon and was falling down with severe injuries. yushiro arrived just in time to catch him from falling to his death and brought him to a place without demons and began to treat him.

on the other side giyuu and tanjiro along with kyoujurou encountered upper moon 3 akaza.

akaza:" yoo its been awhile kyoujurou so you managed to survive, and that weakling too KAMADO TANJIRO"

back at sens side kiriya and the twin girls worked hard while their heart suffered from the loss of their family.

shinjuro:" kiriya sama is quite amazing he continues yo instruct the demon hunters despite the fact that his heart is still reeling from his fathers death"

uzui:" he is making his own orders heard"

sen:" he is such a strong child to become a leader overnight it is a huge feat"

shinjuro:" right these kids at a very young age are encouraging me so much just as kyoujurou is doing i will risk my life and protect them so i will not cast shame on yhe rengoku name"

sen started to feel nauseous from the pregnancy and she became pale, uzui who was sitting beside her noticed

uzui:" sen san you should go rest your going to be a mother soon dont strain yourself"

shinjuro:" we can take care of things here i may be old but im a former pillar i cant have my grandchild dying because its mother is being stubborn"

sen:" i cant do that im already regretting not joining them in battle, this is the least i can do i will stay strong for those fighting and nezuko"

seeing her determination uzui and shinjuro couldn't say anything.

kyoujurou giyuu and tanjiro dashed towards akaza hitting him attack after attack, both giyuu and kyoujurou were surprised to see how much tanjiro had grown his power had matched that of a pillar.'

akaza:" kyoujurou what you said this boy wasn't weak, you were right he truly isnt weak i will show my respect for you"

he deployed his technique

akaza:" lets get started its time for a feast"

they continued to fight and giyuu was flung away by akaza, but without faltering they continued to fight, he caught tanjiro's sword and was just about to break it when kyoujurou stepped in and prevented it, giyuu had also just returned and was burning with anger his mark had also appeared. kyoujurou went in for an attack and was able to land a hit, but it healed like nothing happened. giyuu's sword snapped in two and was about to get killed when tanjiro came in and sliced of his arm, he had unblock his mark and the transparent world making him stronger than before. it was an intense struggle but soon enough akaza was defeated. they all collapsed from exhaustion.

kanao who was fuming with rage and grief clashed against douma waiting for the wisteria poision to kick in, later inosuke barged in through the ceiling helped her fight. doums had started to get bored and was about to leave he summoned mini versions if him self to keep kanao and inosuke occupied, just as he was about to open the door and leave his body began to melt. his blood demon technique shattered leaving hin vulnerable, kanao and inosuke took the chance while the poison was in effect to decapitate douma and send him to hell. costing kanao and eye from her final form.

iguro and misturi battled nakime the one who controls the fortress, though she wasnt strong her blood demon art was annoying making it harf for them to kill.

sanemi muichiro gyomei and genya met up with the strongest of the upper moon kokushibou and engaged in a bloody battle. all of their marks appeared and sanemies marechi blood was able to slightly weaken the demon, but it wasnt enough to kill him. they suffered critical injuries without flinching and pushed their limits to put an end to the demon. genya who had eaten particles of kokushibou was able to channel the power of a demon, he shot a bullet at the demon and used a blood demon art to immobilize him. growling with his life on the line he unleashed a deadly attack that severely injured them, especially muichiro who was stabbing him had been cut in half along with genya. with their last struggle muichiros blade turns red and genya uses his blood demon art which gave gyomei the chance to behead him. the demon evolved as a last struggle to survive but it was in vain and he faded away to nothing. muichiro and genya sadly passed away, sanemi howled in grief as he watched his brother whom he treasured fade away.

muzan had revived