ch44 a request

3rd person pov

it has been a few days since kyouka was born and they had returned home, kyoujurou who was very inexperienced as a new father was often yelled at by aoi and makio, but he was great at keeping kyouka happy. he returned home from fetching some errands, and caught the sight of sen standing up by the window humming while rocking the child in her arms, uzui who was still here caught the scene and took a picture.

uzui:" you can thank me later for this flamboyant service!"

sen who heard them talking smiled kindly, she had already picked up the gentleness of a mother different from her's before.

sen:" what are you two boys standing there for come in"

kyoujurou:" sen should you be up right now your body is still weak"

sen:" im fine, but look at how chubby kyouka's cheeks are"

she turned kyouka around while holding her and rubbed her face against the childs. kyoujurou could see hearts floating around them. uzui snapped another picture. sens leg suddenly gave out and she faltered a bit, kyoujurou quickly supported her back on the bed with a worried face.

kyoujurou:" i told you so"

she pouted and handed kyouka to kyoujurou.

uzui:" hmm? maybe i should also have a child ill ask one of my wives when we head back in two days"

he left the room after commenting that. sen looked at kyoujurou

sen:" why dont we go visit the kamado residents in two days as well?"

kyoujurou:" thats a great idea we did promise to visit after kyouka was born, but only if you focus on resting these two days"

sen:" no fair!"

kyoujurou layed the child in the bed besides them and crawled in sens futon and layed down besides her, sen grinned and covered both of them with a blanket and cuddled kyoujurou.

sen:" it seems my husband is also a big baby"

she chuckled and they both took a nap from a long day.

*******

time pass

senjuro was playing with kyouka keeping her company while kyoujurou packed some bags to visit the kamado residence, while sen prepared some necessities for the child.

sen:" sigh thats should be all, thank you senjuro for keeping her company"

senjuro:" its alright nee-san i enjoy playing with kyouka"

she patted his head before wrapping kyouka in a blanket and tied her to her back. her legs trembled a bit when she stood up making senjuro notice.

senjuro:" nee-san are you sure you should be traveling right now? nii-san was right you should rest a few more days"

kyoujurou:" your nee-san is a very stubborn person she wont budge"

he sighed

sen:" its because I've been resting for so long after running for a bit I'll be back to normal just like our hashira days"

they waved senjuro goodbye and started heading towards tanjiro's home, they had sent a letter to them before via crow that they would visit. they started to run seeing the sun was about to set. sen giggled after realizing what they did.

sen:" old habits die hard huh kyoujurou"

kyoujurou:" hmu it feels quite nostalgic"

sen:" lets rest in the village over there for the night we wont be able to make it today"

*******

the next day they headed up the mountain where tanjiro and the others lived when sen realized it looked really familiar, the next thing kyoujurou said made her gasp in shock.

kyoujurou:" truthfully we been here once before, it was a few months before the battle"

sen:" really? i dont remember.....AH"

it was the time when she had gone berserk from muzans blood, kyoujurou had followed here and visited the kamado house before, her face flushed.

sen:" sorry"

kyoujurou:" hahah dont worry, let me hold kyouka you must be tired"

she handed kyouka to kyoujurou it was a bit chilly on top if the mountain but it was bearable, after a few minutes of walking in the distance she saw nezuko running towards them along with tanjiro and the rest.

tanjiro:" OIII sen san!"

tanjiro yelled as he waved, nezuko ran into her giving sen a tight hug.

sen:" there there"

nezuko:" waah is this kyouka she's so cute"

kyoujurou duct down a bit to let her see along with tanjiro inosuke just stared at her making her laugh. small sparkles cold be seen comming out if his boar hat.

kyoujurou:" would you like to hold her nezuko?"

nezuko:" can i? thank you"

she held kyouka in her arms and gently rocked her.

tanjiro:" lets go inside zenistu is preparing some tea"

they all followed in from behind, as they neared the entrance kyoujurou and sen heard a loud gasp it was a sound they knew a little to well.

zenitsu:" N-NEZUKO CHAAAAN IS HOLDING A BABY GAAAAAH"

he frolicked around with flowers around his head. sen sat down by the patio watching the boys play with kyouka, nezuko had gone of to pick vegetables in the woods she offered to help but was rejected.

inosuke:" fight me goggle eyes"

kyoujurou:" i cant do that boar head boy"

inosuke:" FIGHT ME!"

she giggled seeing inosuke still the same as always, tanjiro had picked up a scent from her that shocked him and left him in bewilderedment he walked in with a sad and worried face as he looked towards sen, she turned around and smiled, noticing that he had found out about her condition.

tanjiro:" sen san..."

sen:" sigh that superhuman nose of yours really is dangerous"

tanjiro:" how are you so calm if you already know about your condition, at this rate you'll"

sen put a finger on her lips silencing what he was about to say, tanjiro realized that she wanted to keep it a secret.

sen:" you really are a kind child"

she gave him a hug while tears cascaded his gentle crimson eyes.

tanjiro:" is there anything i can do to help?"

sen:" hmm? well there is one thing"

she whispered to him a request for the future, and tanjiro happily agreed to do it.

sen:" I'll entrust everything to you then, in the meantime please keep this a secret"

tanjiro reluctantly agreed though he wished to deny it, he knew that it was hopeless.

kyoujurou:" sen! kyouka just said something!"

he said with a beaming face as he headed towards sen,

sen" my my kyouka is growing so fast"

tanjiro walked out the room and slid down, holding back tears he felt immense pain for kyoujurou not knowing what is about to happen.

nezuko:" onii-chan? whats wrong?"

tanjiro wipped his tears and smiled

tanjiro:" its nothing dont worry nezuko i was just a bit emotional seeing them again"