ch30 countdown

we went towards the outskirts of the town this time, looking through every single place we could fit in, i heard something rustling behind my back i quickly drew my sword and pointed at it. but unfortunately it was just a stray cat, i sighed in relief and patted the cat, its long yellow fur somehow reminded me of kyoujurou. i got up and began patrolling i hoped for muzan to show up so we could put an end to everything but deep down i also didnt want him to show up. i looked up to the moon admiring its beauty. we only have one day left one more day before i could return, me and kyoujurou were just about to head to the next area when we sensed a demons aura.

sen:"kyoujurou!"

we both dashed towards the demon, is it muzan did he really appear? i jumped up onto one of the buildings for a birds eye view if its location, and there i saw it a winged demon was attacking a woman and her child.

sen:" kyoujurou! its in the alley way beside you"

kyoujurou:" got it"

he headed towards the demon and started attacking it, and i quickly went to join the demon had gotten ahold of both of them and was about to fly away. kyoujurou managed to chop if a leg and save the mother but the chikd was still in the hands of the demon, " damn it"

woman;" MY CHILD SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE MY CHILD"

i was about to throw my sword at it hoping it would hit, but then i heard kyoujurou call for me.

kyoujurou:" SEN"

i looked to see him squatting with his hands out i realized what his plan was, i ran as fast as i could towards him and jumped onto his hands he flung me into the air with all his strength aiming at the demon. i cut off tge leg that helf the child and caught him" soul breathing ninth form grasp if the undead" i twisted my body before slicing its wings off and violently smacking it down to the ground and kyoujurou sliced its head off. i smiled knowing no one died before realizing i was falling i screamed while holding the child tight while bracing for impact and i closed my eyes, but instead of a hard ground i landed in the warm arms of kyoujurou. he chuckled at me

kyoujurou:" i caught you was it fun up there?"

i smiled before he let me down, i carried the child who fell asleep back to the crying mother luckily none of them were hurt.

woman:" THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SAVING US HOW CAN WE EVER REPAY YOU"

kyoujurou:" that wont be needed this is our job after all"

we gave the mother a wisteria charm before leaving the mother bowed at us out of gratitude. and with that another night passed and we headed back to the inn.

father:" thank goodness you're back"

my father had a horrified look, i then noticed we were covered in the demons blood. i reassured him that it wasnt ours but it still made him quite worried. i tied a letter to the foot of the crow to send a report. i then sent my my father off explaining to him that it was dangerous here, and if he needed to see me he could visit the rengoku estate he was reluctant to go but he understood that it would only make things more difficult for us if he stayed.

me and kyoujurou then tiredly went to bathe ourselves the feeling of a warm steamy bath after a night of work hit the spot. i opened the door to our room to see kyoujurou out cold on the ground i smiled at how cute he looked with his towel still on his head. i gently dried his hair for him before covering him with a blanket, i kissed him on the forehead and whispered" goodnight" he must've heard because i saw a slight grin form on his face.

*******

i suddenly felt a menacing stare against me which violently woke me uo from my sleep," what was that?" and somewhere deep within my gut i felt uneasy about tonight. i looked over to see kyoujurou still asleep i took this chance to write a letter to oyakata sama

dear oyakata sama i hope you are fairing well, i will keep it brief i suspect something might happen tonight i cannot be sure if it is muzan but it is a strong force, you might have caught on to this but i love kyoujurou and i am prepared to sacrifice myself for him if needed. there is also some important information i need to share as much as i hate to admit it i do have kibutsuji muzans blood in me, im not sure how things will go once i encounter him and if i would end up under his grasps. if we so happen to encounter muzan and things take a turn to the worse and i loose control please send the other hashiras to end me and not attempt to save me as i do not wish to hurt anyone, especially rengoku kyoujurou please keep it a secret from him as i am afraid he will do something rash.

i looked over to my messanger crow and gave him the letter " please make haste" i said and it flew off, i then heard kyoujurou groan. i smiled sorrowfully before writing another letter and gave it to his crow " if something happens to me i intrust you to give this letter to him alright?" i patted the crow.

kyoujurou:" sen?"

i smiled at him, i walked over and cuddled him

sen:" i love you"

kyoujurou:" whats wrong you're acting oddly cute today"

he patted my head and started to play with my hair, i hope what i have feared doesnt come to pass, i want to stay by his side even if its a just day longer i dont want go leave him.