ch48 last breath

a month has passed in a blink of an eye, sen's body has gotten to a point where she can no longer walk and would vomit blood. it is only a matter of time before her life ends.

yushiro:" jeez look at you what happened"

sen:" thank you for comming yushiro i didn't think you would come"

yushiro:" do i look like a person who would leave someone to die?"

she chuckled weakly, yushiro glared hard at her before opening his mouth to say something

yushiro:"you...you know something dont you"

she closed eye smiled at him not answering his question, yushiro sighed and gave up he had an idea why she would do so.

yushiro:" fine first tell me when this started and what you did before"

sen:" alright"

yushiro listened to what she had told him and it left him in a difficult position, he checked her body and its exact condition.

kyoujurou side

kyoujurou:" aoi! have you found a cure yet?"

aoi:" no... yushiro san came by to help but looking at her condition..."

aoi's face scrunched up struggling to break the news to him.

kyoujurou:" whats wrong?"

aoi:" what sen has isnt a illness but a physical condition, yushiro tested that her cells are slowly being destroyed and its only a matter of time"

kyoujurou looked devastated dark eye bags could be seen on his face from the anxiety and greif.

yushiro appeared behind them with his usual frown.

yushiro:" after asking her some questions i found out its likely because of the day of the war happened, her body went through immense stress from using both marks and turning into a human all while being with a child. that body of hers couldn't hold up"

kyoujurou:" yushiro is there really no possible cure?"

yushiro:" the only thing we can do is delay and prolong her life, but it'll only make her suffer more"

kyoujurou broke down in tears trying to deny everything he had just heard.

meanwhile sen went to kyouka's room, using the walls as support she slowly dragged herself and sat by a chair next to her crate. she gently picked her up singing her a lullaby and nuzzled her nose against kyouka.

"my sweet baby mommy is sorry for having to leave you so soon, once you grow up you might have already forgotten me. i really wish i could've seen you grow up big and strong make friends find someone to love and become a mother yourself, but i dont think i have enough time in this body"

tears started to form in her eyes while smiling at kyouka holding her small hands.

" these small hands of yours i dont think ill be able to hold them for much longer, but kyouka my sweet daughter i just want you to know your mother loves you very much"

she looked out the window where the sakura tree bloomed, she imagined herself healthy and running around with kyouka as she grows older imagining the life she could've had if only time had stopped for her body. later that day she asked kyoujurou to take her back to the comfort of their home where she will spend her last days. not being able to refuse he agreed and brought her back, he promised to himself that she will make her happy and have a fulfilled last moments.

*******

the day of departure finally came and kyoujurou cradled her in his arms with kyouka on top of her.