ch47

kyoujurou:" lets rest a bit in the town over there before visiting uzui"

he pointed at a small village over the hill

sen:" good idea kyouka is getting restless as well "

kyouka giggled as she played with sens hair, they begin to head to the town and look around for a place to stay. they walked for a while until they heard someone call for kyoujurou.

person:" oii is that you rengoku san?"

kyoujurou turns around to face the woman who was calling for him running. when he noticed who it was he waved at her with a smile.

sen:" who is that?"

kyoujurou:" she's a girl i saved when you were unconscious after your mission in the red light district"

person:" ah it really is you rengoku san thank you for saving me back then!"

kyoujurou:" no problem it was my job"

person:" what are you doing here rengoku san and by the way who is she"

the girl looks towards sen with a confused expression, sen just gave her a closed eye smile.

kyoujurou:" ah she is someone who worked with me in the corps, as well as my wife"

sen blushed slightly hearing kyoujurou call her his wife, even though it was a fact it made her happy inside. the girl who was talking with kyoujurou became wide eyed and covered her mouth in shock.

person:" rengoku san you have a wife? its nice to meet you im inagi aya"

sen:" its nice to meet you too aya san im rengoku sen"

aya:" are you two looking for somewhere to stay perhaps? why dont you two come stay at my house for the night its the least i can do for saving my life"

kyoujurou:" what do you think sen?"

sen:" i have no problem with it"

aya:" yay now follow me"

sen and kyoujurou followed aya through the town and arrived at a old traditional estate, she welcomed the two in and led them to a spare room. sen layed kyouka down and stood back up to thank aya.

sen:" thank you aya san"

aya:" call me if you need anything alright?"

kyoujurou shut the door and turned around he was about to ask sen something when he noticed her legs were trembling and her face was pale, his eyes narrowed and a frown could be seen forming on his face. sen noticed and smiled before slowly walking towards kyoujurou and cupping his face.

sen:" whats wrong kyoujurou? if you keep frowning like that you'll grow wrinkles"

she chuckled, kyoujurou held her hand that was on his cheek before swiftly picking her up. he walked over and sat her down on a chair, he layed his head on her collarbone and held her cold hands.

kyoujurou:" i dont know what is happening to you but i know i cant stop you from doing what you love, so dont push yourself for me alright?"

sen stayed silent and gave him a sorrowful kiss on his head, she felt as if her heart was getting ripped to shreds watching him trying desperately to hold onto her not knowing the inevitable outcome.

sen:" kyoujurou i love you so much"

kyoujurou looked up at her before softly smiling and layed his head on her lap, letting her pet him.

********

aya dad:" oh are you two aya's guests? how was your stay?"

kyoujurou:" thank you sir for letting us stay for the night"

sen:" yes i apologize if our child disturbed you"

they both bowed to show their appreciation.

aya dad:" please dont do that if anything it should be me bowing for saving my daughter"

kyoujurou:" there is no need, my wife and i will be departing now thank you once again for the hospitality"

aya dad:" leaving so soon? your more than welcome to stay longer"

sen:" we really shouldn't intrude any longer besides our friends are waiting for our arrival"

she replied with a grin. aya then popped out from the other hall holding a box wrapped in cloth.

aya:" are you guys leaving already?"

kyoujurou:" yes"

aya:" i thought so, here i made you guys some food for your trip i hope it suits your tastes"

sen:" thank you aya san we'll savor it"

they both headed out the door and started heading towards the town uzui lived in.

kyoujurou:" are you sure you dont want to visit father in law?"

sen:" nope! he can always come visit if he needs but for now i dont want to see him"

kyoujurou sighed respecting her wishes, he intertwined his fingers with her's and hummed a lullaby.

sen:" is that perhaps the song i sang for you"

kyoujurou:" yes its my favorite song"

she chuckled and hummed along with him.

*******

suma:" SEN YOU'RE HEEREEEE"

makio:" you arrived just in time we prepared some onigiri for you"

sen:" waah thank you makio"

uzui:" took you guys long enough"

hinatsuru:" how is kyouka?"

sen:" ah she's sleeping right now"

hinatsuru:" thats great we can take the chance to go bathe in the hot springs near here"

kyoujurou:" will kyouka be alright alone?"

suma:" she'll be fine we have experienced mothers present!"

suma said as she raised a arm high in excitement.

sen:" alright then"

kyoujurou:" ill drop her off with uzui you guys go on first"

kyoujurou grabbed kyouka from sen's back and headed off with uzui. suma cheerfully grabbed sen's hands and dragged her along to the springs. though sen's body had weakened even further making her struggle to move she held it in, not wanting to ruin everyones mood. they undressed and went in the warm springs.

makio:" we came here once a few months ago with this guy he was incredibly quiet, i cant tell if he is just shy or introverted what was his name again?"

hinatsuru:" it was tomioka giyuu i believe"

sen:" giyuu san? im surprised that he came along"

uzui:" right? that guy unexpectedly agreed when we asked"

we turned around to see uzui and kyoujurou.

suma:" ah you're here come get in quickly!"

she exclaimed. the 6 of them joyfully spent their time soaking in the bath and telling stories of their past.

im sorry if these last few chapters are a bit rushed im getting dragged on a trip with my fam and i wanted to finish it before then but ill maybe add more after i come back i dont trust the hotel wifi