ch41 is this the only way

a month has passed and everyone started to be on edge, everyone's gaurd was high counting the days minutes seconds they had before the end came. during this time i spent more time with shinobu know that she will be sacrificing herself.

sen:" shinobu is this really the only way"

i clung to her like a koala on a tree, the pregnancy had made me really clingy.

shinobu:" yes though i will regret not being able to see muzans demise myself but this is the best way"

i whined like a child, and shinobu just patted me.

shinobu:" have you told rengoku san yet?"

sen:" no i thought it would be better to tell him after so he can focus on the battle ahead"

shinobu chuckled.

sen:" hey shinobu i just realized that the men in the rengoku family all look really similar do you think i will pop out a mini kyoujurou?"

my statement made shinobu laugh.

shinobu:" maybe, but sen san do take care of yourself alright?"

sen:" hai hai"

crow:" CAW CAW RENGOKU SEN COME TO THE UBUYASHIKI ESTATE QUICKLY QUICKLY CAW CAW"

sen;" aww why now, ill see you later shinobu"

i rushed out and along the way i saw gyomei it seems gyomei had also been summoned to the ubuyashiki estate. i waved to him and said hello before we arrived at the door of oyakata sama's room. the door slid open and i saw the state oyakata sama was in, his whole body was wrapped in bandages and he was coughing blood yet he was still able to smile kindly at us. we sat beside him and listened to what he had to say.

ubuyashiki:" welcome my children im sorry to have summoned you in this state"

sen:" it is alright oyakata sama we are willing to come to you whenever it is needed"

ubuyashiki smiled

ubuyashiki:" what im about to say is very important, the drug has been successfully made and nezuko is currently being moved to another place along with my successor"

gyomei:" oyakata sama shouldn't you also be with them?"

ubuyashiki:" no, im planning on using myself as bait to lure muzan here"

we both became startled at what he just said.

sen:" but oyakata sama!"

his same fatherly smile didnt fade not even for a second after announcing a plan that basically forfeits his life.

ubuyashiki:" its alright i wont be able to live much longer and i would like to be of use to you all in my last moments"

tears started to cascade my eyes and i hung my head down thinking if there is another way but deep down i knew nothing can stop it. why do the kindest people always have to sacrifice themselves? first it was shinobu and now its oyakata sama. oyakata sama put a hand on my head and patted me.

ubuyashiki:" dont despair sen keep your head high do it for me and your lovely child alright? i want you to join uzui and shinjuro in protecting the hide out and not to join the fight i font want to put your child in danger, and gyomei i want you to stay here for when muzan appears and takes the bait i want you and tamayo to attack him and immobilize him until the other pillars arrive can you two do that for me?"

both of us:" orders received"

sen:" but oyakata sama... i should be helping with the fight"

gyomei:" sen san do not worry even if you dont participate we will bring muzan down"

i looked over to gyomei crying

ubuyashiki:" it has been two years since you joined us in the corps and during this time you have already done so much for us, you're a bright child and i hope both you and kyoujurou survive this battle"

i started to silently cry his words always seem to sooth me, we all bowed our heads in respect before we left for our post it will be the last time we will see him. sending him off for his honorable death. i headed back to the rengoku estate and found shinjuro there waiting for me along with kyoujurou.

kyoujurou:" sen! what happened why are you crying"

sen:" its nothing dont worry about it"

i said while smiling

shinjuro:" are you ready we need to leave"

he handed me my uniform and katana along with the drugs, kyoujurou who didnt know what was happening was confused.

kyoujurou:" where are you two going? father"

i smiled at kyoujurou and gave him a hug, i kissed him on the cheek and whispered " be safe alright" and we left to the hideout.

*******

after a while if walking we arrived to see uzui and his wives there along with a former hashira urokodaki san.

uzui:" yo sen shinjuro dono"

i waved at him

sen;" where's nezuko?"

uzui:" she is inside with the former pillar and receiving the drug"

sen:" ah i see i hope it works"

uzui walked up to me with a smirk and patted me on the shoulder and whispered. " since you're here i assume kyoujurou successfully and flamboyantly impregnated you" my face became flushed and i smacked him, making him burst out laughing. we headed in the house to relax before night came, i could hear nezuko's pained groans in the next room as the drug kicked in. i frowned and prayed that everything will go smoothly and we will win this long awaited battle. uzui's wives tended to me and fed me alot of food after noticing i was pregnant, without any room for refusal the crowded around me before uzui told them to be quiet.

uzui:" aren't you three putting more stress on her? that isnt very flamboyant for an expecting mother here"

i thanked uzui for his kind gesture and told him i didnt mind, we savored the last moments of the sun before dawn had started to set. we sat down on the patio with our weapons and waited for the battle to begin.

3rd person pov

night has fallen and those who were aware of muzans arrival were all anxious, as time went by the more anxious they got hoping the peace would remain for another day. but that hope was soon crushed when they heard a call from a crow.

crow:" EMERGENCY EMERGENCY ATTACK ON THE UBUYASHIKI ESTATE ATTACK ON UBUYASHIKI ESTATE."