Chapter 4

Tory's Pov
"Tory, calm down. We're going to find Cooper. Just calm down!" Ben said exasperated.

We were all in the Sewee and Ben was trying to get me to calm down. I had called them all out onto the boat and had Ben drive us out to sea partway so our parents couldn't see us. Then before anyone could talk, the dam I had been using to hold back my tears burst. For a few seconds the boys had just stared at me, alarmed by my reaction. Finally, Ben got a hold of his senses and wrapped me in his arms.

I managed to calm down some and kill most of the waterworks. Ben leaned down and whispered softly in my ear. "I promise we're going to get Coop back. But if we plan on doing that, you need to keep a clear head. Alright Tor?"

I nodded against his torso. Once again, I was glad to have Ben as my boyfriend. I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes, then turned to look at Hi and Shelton. They had been waiting quietly until my breakdown ended. Running a hand through my tangled red hair I thought about where to start. Square one, I settled.

"What do we know?" I started.
"We have our flares back," Hi said. "They were given back by the government agency who captured us in the first place," Shelton added.
"And they're stronger than the last flares, and can be used back-to-back," Ben said.
"Not sure about yours but mine has two stages. Also Chance and Ella have them," I said. Suddenly a horrible thought crossed my mind.
"Tory what's wrong?" Shelton asked nervously. "You have that. . . Look again."
Swallowing I croaked out,"If we have our flares back, and so do Ella and Chance, do you think that Will and Cole have theirs back?"
We were all silent as this idea processed. Hi broke the silence.
"You know how Greek mythology has the three Fates that weave your, well, fate?" We nodded. "Ya well right now, they ran out of yarn and decided to use flaming barb-wire instead."

(A/N: Any Pjo/HoO fans out there? I know I'm one.)

Ben looked at Shelton. "Care to do the honors?"
"Gladly." With that Shelton smacked Hi's head.

I took a deep breath and moved onto the painful part. "The people who took Cooper are the same ones who gave us our powers back."
"And that's all we know," Shelton concluded.

Growling, I shut my eyes trying to control my temper. Too late. The wolf pounced forward and the flare opened up. Unsure which would come first-fire or ice- I prepared for both. Both came, attacking with equal force at the same time. I exhaled the pain and my head cleared. In my head, there were 7 pale tendrils and one glowing strand. I identified three of the pale tendrils- Ben, Hi and Shelton. Another strand was incredibly familiar- Cooper. I couldn't connect to him though.

I turned my attention to the three unknown tendrils. I focused on one. Got a scent of grease, sweat and chips- Cole. That meant that the others were probably Speckman and Claybourne. I focused on the one closest to Cole's strand. The wave of hate and rage that came back almost knocked me over. Definitely Speckman. Finally I focused on Chance's strand. The result that came back made no sense. All I got was lots of numbers and a sense of power. Yet somehow, I knew it was Chance.

I turned my attention to the glowing strand. I could feel a friendly presence. Ella? I mentally asked.
Tory! So we can talk through our new flares! No more paying for extra talk and text! She joked.
I sent her an image of me rolling my eyes.
Was responded with an image of her sticking out her tongue.
I laughed along our mental link. We are so immature.
I know. Got to go. See you tomorrow!
She ended her flare. I could hear Hi calling my name from outside my head. Sighing, I shut down my flare. Opening my eyes, I saw that we were docking back at Morris. The rest of the day flew past me.

As I lay down in my bed I stared at the ceiling unable to sleep without Coop. Still disturbed by what I had seen when I shut down my flare. When I had been closing down my flare, I had saw three more lines, fainter than all the rest.

There were three other Virals out there.

(A/N: Please Vote, Comment, and Favorite! Your support helps! I hope you enjoy the story and your ideas matter greatly! Thanks!)