Chapter 5

Tory's Pov
Three more Virals. Three other people out there. My mind began to whirl.

Three others. Those were only three people infected with our strain. What if there were others out there? And were they good or evil? Did they know how to use their powers? Were they being tested? Did they have a pack or were they solo? Lone wolves?

Finally it became too much to bear. I snagged my phone off my nightstand, went to text and paused. Who should I tell? It would have to be a viral. Will and Cole didn't even come close to being trustworthy. My pack- Hi, Shelton and Ben? Or maybe Chance- no. I needed someone who I could open up to, who knew me well... Ella. I went to her contact and sent a text:

Me: you awake?
Ella: no I am very much asleep
Me: well wake up. It's important
Ella: what's up?
Me: I think that there are other Virals out there.
Ella: .....
Me: Ella? I'm not messing with you

A few minutes later, my phone rang and Ella's name appeared on my screen. I answered.

"Tory! It's wonderful!" She screamed
"Ella I know- wait what do you mean it's wonderful?!?!?" I fought to keep my voice down.
"Not what you told me, that's terrible. I'm talking about the fact that we got our flares back!"
"Really? Right now?"
"Sorry, I had to get it out of my system. Now then, back to business."
I rolled my eyes. Paused. "Wait did you Chance about the other Virals?"
"No."
"Good. Now what are we going to do?"
"Keep quiet and watch for now."
"Watch what?"
"I don't know what you're gonna watch but I'm planning on watching the insides of my eyelids for a few more hours. Let's talk with the whole group tomorrow. Or at least let you get some more info first. Nite."

She hung up. I suppose that she was right. Talk later. Sleep now.
----------------------•----------------------
My phone buzzed. I ignored it.
Buzzed again. Ignored.
Again. Now this was just getting redundant.

I snatched my phone up and looked. Ella.
Ben.
Hi.
Shelton.
Ella again.

Over on my desk, the computer binged, a request for video chat. After trudging over I accepted Hi's request. Four faces popped onto my screen.
"Speak peasants. Why doth thou awaken me?" I commanded.
Ben snorted.

"Pardon us for interrupting thy beauty sleep High Queen Victoria," Hi stated sarcastically. "Just thought that your Majesty would like to know that thy loyal follower Lord Chance Claybourne has gone missing. Oh and thy government left thou a pretty little note saying that we doth surrender or suffer."