Chapter 13

(A/N: this is going to be a shorter/ish chapter. I think. The picture belongs to ehioe on deviantart.com. I get most my pictures from there.)
Tory's Pov
It was a day after we had discussed the plan. We were supposed to put it into action today. Tonight. To be honest I'm not sure what time of day it is. I was still uneasy about the plan, but any trace feelings were banished as my new roommate was carted in.
"COOPER!"

The wolfdog tackled me and began licking my face like crazy. When the scientists closed the door, I turned on my flare and connected minds with him.
Tory my Sister-friend! He mental shouted
You can talk in full sentences now? First thing that came out. Classic me.
The new flare is stronger. He explained. It enhances our abilities even more than the first one did.
Wait. How did you get this strain. And now that I think about it, how did the other wolves get it as well?
He still has not told you? Coop asked. Who?
The Claybourne.
WHAT??
Coop winced. I thought you knew. Chance had been tinkering with the virus. I'm not sure why. He has been working with the government to test it out. I guess their deal was he worked with the strain and then gave it to the government. Then the government decided to test it out wolves.

Suddenly it clicked. The files we had found at Candela and Chance's house when we had been looking for him. I remembered clearly what they said.

Made slight changes. Still the same strain. Unsure what the difference may be. Waiting for news.

1 week later.
Different strains caused different results. Biggest changed strain has caused a fur and eye color change. Unknown what other results may be.

Without thinking I linked minds with the rest of the Virals. I was determined to make Chance spill.

Alright Chance, the game's over. Spill. Everything.
Tory I have no-
Don't try that with me! Just tell us the truth. Were you or weren't you messing with the virus and giving samples to the government?
I was. Let me explain!
You better!
Ok. Yes I was messing with the virus but I was trying to find a way that it was non-contagious or a way that it wouldn't make you sick. I was also trying to see if I could make the strand look like a human chromosome so that if we ever had blood tests, the virus would be over looked. So I gave four samples to the government: one unchanged and three changed. All I wanted was the results. I never knew that they would recapture us or take Cooper and the other three wolves.
Ben interjected. Do you expect us to believe that?
Ben. I said. He's telling the truth. I can sense it.

He was. I could feel the truth coming off of him. Kind of like I was smelling through my brain.

Shimmer cut in. Listen, we have to deploy the plan tonight.
Wait why so soon? Ella protested. Can't we go over it a few more times and file out any doubts throughout the next few days?
Trust me child, you don't want to stay any longer. Shadow said.
Why? Ella asked fearfully.
They plan on trying to study how the virus affected your reproductive system. Unless you want to stay for that...
Woah woah woah woah woah! That is a complete intrusion of privacy! I mental yelped.
At least they aren't dissecting us, Shelton added.
Oh, they plan to do that second, Shadow said.
Leave tonight! No question! I demanded.
I'm with Tory! Let's scram! Ella agreed.

Then it's settled, Shimmer said. We leave tonight.