17

Hey everyone check out SpicedMiilk, they have an agent of shield fic out and I'm in love with it. It's called The Sunflower, give it a read I promise you won't be disappointed.

I'm sorry this chapter is so late, I lost the original chapter 17 I wrote and had to rewrite the whole thing but had like no time to. I hope this is worth the wait.

*

The first time Nina visited Puerto Rico was with Natasha and Clint. It was during her first job with them that took her out of the States and she'd been ecstatic to go. The trip, however, had ended with the archer fracturing her ankle with an experimental arrow and Natasha trying really hard not to kill him on the flight back home.

Despite the painful memory, Nina quite liked being in Puerto Rico, because, ignoring the injury, it was the first time Nina saved anyone and embraced the role she had to play. She'd become an agent months prior to that day and finished her stint on Rumlow's strike team but working alongside the two was the first time she truly realised what it meant to be an agent.

"No tails on the way in," Bobbi said as she climbed out of the ruby red jeep. The teenager, who Coulson suggested should tag along, following her out like a lost puppy, "none that I could spot, anyway."

Coulson followed Bobbi out of the vehicle and met her at the back. He was decked out in blue jeans and a white button-up. When Nina first saw him she gaped slightly, the man looked very different out of his black and white suits, so naturally, she took a bunch of pictures and sent them all to May.

Needless to say, she was going to avoid the woman once they returned to the Playground.

For safety reasons.

"Gracias," Nina said to the man that'd been kind enough to drive them through the city. She handed him some money and waved as she got out, "¡Que tengas un buen día! (have a nice day)."

"You ever have the fried plantains here?" Coulson asked as she joined the group. She watched the man drive off as Bobbi answered.

"Tostones? Yeah. Why?" she said.

"I read about this place down the street where they put crab in them, I wouldn't mind trying that," Coulson answered as they began walking, "you know after we save the world."

"Dad used to make tostones," Nina whispered to Coulson as Bobbi took the lead and pulled out her phone, "if you could get some plantains sent to the Playground, I'd be more than happy to make you some."

"With crab?" Coulson asked with bright eyes and Nina shrugged.

"Sure, why not."

"Can I have some as well?" Seven asked, softly tugging on Nina's tight sleeves. She looked down at him and smiled, before nodding as Bobbi focused back on the trio.

"Diego texted me. He's gonna be late," she sighed heavily, "he's always late but he said he'd meet us on the other side of the plaza."

"This contact of yours, can we trust him?" Coulson asked as Seven slid his hand from tightly wrapped around Nina's sleeve to her hand. The agent didn't hesitate as she accepted the grip, holding the teen's hand as he looked around with a smile.

"He's a politician, so, no," Bobbi answered with a shrug, "but he likes me."

As the two conversed, Nina checked out of the conversation. They'd entered a market place and she'd become distracted by some touristy stickers and postcards. She approached the shop immediately, timing her interest with Coulson noticing some hats in the same stall, as Seven allowed her to drag him along